If you are into woodworking, you will appreciate the value of making accurate cuts. The saw is one of the best tools to help you in achieving precise cuts. However, this can only be achieved when you have the right table saw miter gauge. The miter gauge is essential, especially when you need to make cuts at an angle. There are quite a number of features that are incorporated on the miter gauge for the tool to make your work easier. There is a protractor that is already calibrated, which you will use to make markings on the areas that you need to cut.
The miter gauge is designed in such a manner that you can easily place it on the stock when making cuts. With several models on the market, you may be overwhelmed and not be able to pick the best miter gauge. Fortunately, you do not have to worry, in this guide, I have done miter gauge reviews and provided other details to help you find the right miter gauge.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Table Saw Miter Gauge Reviews In 2021
- 1.1 1. Incra MITER5000 Miter 5000 Table Saw Miter Gauge with Sled and Telescoping Fence
- 1.2 2. Kreg KMS7102 Table Saw Precision Miter Gauge System
- 1.3 3. 27 Angle Woodworking DIY Tools Miter Gauge for Table Saw/Router Sawing Accessories Ruler
- 1.4 4. Incra MITERV27 Miter V27 Miter Gauge
- 1.5 5. DELTA Deluxe Miter Gauge
- 1.6 How to Determine What Miter Gauge Is Best For You?
- 1.7 How to Use Table Saw Miter Gauge Properly?
Best Table Saw Miter Gauge Reviews In 2021
Besides working on the table saw, a miter gauge can be used with a couple of different saws, include router tables and vertical saws. As such when you find the best miter gauge for your saw, you can use it with different cutting tools. Here is a review of some of the best options for miter gauges:
1. Incra MITER5000 Miter 5000 Table Saw Miter Gauge with Sled and Telescoping Fence
The Incra miter gauge is one of the top-rated miter gauges. It is well equipped with control features that will help you to make precise angular cuts. The main advantage of this type of miter gauge is the fact that it is compatible with various models. It comes with unique clamping abilities that will give you a secure work surface as it attaches to the saw. The special sled has 2 T tracks and 3 panels, which are made of aluminum, making it durable. With this miter gauge, you can rest assured that you will high quality cuts.
- Capitalizing on a great idea, the folks at Incra
- The sled with T-track and clamping fixture secures the work piece as one solid unit for...
- The right-hand portion of the sled, once cut
- Table saw that blends incremental angle control and a special 3-panel sled
Incra miter 5000 Features:
- The Incra miter gauge has a compact design and is pretty light to carry around
- This miter gauge has a sled and amazing clamping features that give you utmost precision.
- The miter gauge has the markings laser cut on the solid steel, making them permanently visible.
- The 364 lock solid angle stop is a feature that comes with ½ degree increments to ensure that your cuts are exact.
- The sled has 3 panels and the 2 T-tracks, which makes it easier for the Incra miter 5000 to blend easily with the angle control.
The error of margin on the Incra miter 5000 is next to nil as it has features that allow you to predict your cuts beforehand. The MDF panel top on the miter gauge is convenient as it allows you to move it easily over the stock. There is a telescoping fence with capacity that ranges from 36 to 64 inches. This is the IncraLock Cut-off fence that is designed to help you in your cutting. On the right side of the sled, there are slots that will help you to secure the miter gauge to the table saw.
There is zero clearance that allows you to align the miter gauge with the main sled conveniently. Clamping, stop positioner and angle adjustments are some of the abilities that cause this to rank as the best miter gauge. The 10 expansion disk can adjust on both sides, to give you total accuracy. The anti-friction travel feature is also another advantage as it will give you a smooth working experience when working with your saw. If you need to miter the sharp edges, you will use the interlocking grooves that are on the fence and the one stop features.
2. Kreg KMS7102 Table Saw Precision Miter Gauge System
The reason why the Kreg miter gauge finds its position here is the fact that it comes with a wide range of features. All the features are designed to help you save time and make angled cuts without compromising on the precision. You will not need to calibrate it as it is already set to make different angled cuts. There are positive stops that are spaced at 0, 10, 22.5, 20 and 45 degrees. This means that you will be able to use this miter gauge straight from the box to make your cuts.
- Factory Calibration. Guaranteed out of the box to .003 accuracy of 6-inches
- Gauge head is CNC machine perfectly square to the bar and table ( no stampings)
- Vernier scale allows fast, 1/10th-degree angle adjustments. Our extremely straight 24 inch...
- Microadjuster allows additional angle adjustment to 1/100th degree
kreg precision miter gauge Features:
- There is a micro adjuster system on this Kreg miter gauge. This will provide you with the option to make very accurate cuts as it can be adjusted to 1/100th
- The main benefit of this miter gauge is that you can even use it as a beginner as it does not need any calibration. It is preset at the factory and comes ready to use.
- There is a Swing Stop feature that has been included on this Kreg Precision miter gauge and positive stops which are spaced at 0, 10, 22.5, 30 and 45 degrees.
- There is a CNC machined gauge head on the miter gauge, which is a perfect square and as such, it fits perfectly on the table and the bar.
- The Vernier scale on the Kreg Precision miter gauge system can make adjustments to a 1/10th degree, which guarantees you exact cuts.
Precision is one the things that the Kreg precision miter gauge has taken into account. There is a precision lens cursor that will enhance your visibility when you are making cuts. This lens is common in most top quality saws and is meant to make sure that the cuts are accurate to the point. There is a Vernier scale on this miter gauge, which is easy to use and does not require any calibration. You can make adjustments on the miter gauge to 1/10th of a degree.
The Swing Stop gives you ultimate control when working with this miter gauge. In addition, there is a fence made of anodized aluminum, which is durable and stable. With these amazing features, making repeat cuts on your stock is much easier and this will save you so much time. Clearly, the Kreg Precision miter gauge system in one of a kind and would be worth considering. This is your best chance of making angled cuts that are of high quality and completely accurate.
3. 27 Angle Woodworking DIY Tools Miter Gauge for Table Saw/Router Sawing Accessories Ruler
The table saw miter gauge is quite light as it only weighs 3 pounds and as such, you will be able to accomplish your adjustments and markings easily. This is considered to be the best choice for those who are in professional sectors and need to make accurate cuts. You can use this miter gauge with any table saw as long as it measures 19 mm by 9.5 mm. The miter gauge will help you make angular cuts easily as it comes with an angle adjustment positioning block. The gap adjustment block, on the other hand, is meant to give you easy spacing when you need to make cuts.
- The Miter Gauge is fit for standard miter bar dimension 3/8" by 3/4" (approximately 9.5mm...
- It can be used on most table saws and router tables with standard slots
- Oversized Clutch and can stay in the desired angle to meet your various needs! Is a good...
- Miter Gauge featuring 27 angle stops for precise incremental control.
27 angle miter gauge Features:
- The table saw miter gauge works with a number of the table saw and router tables as it can be used with the standard miter bar.
- With 27 angle stops, then you will have no reason not to get the accurate angles that you may want as the incremental controls are precise.
- There are a clutch and other essential features that make this to be the best miter gauge.
- This model comes with a tip resistant washer that enhances the rigidity of the miter gauge, when in use on extended surfaces.
- The 27 angle miter gauge has a large grip area that will give you enough space to handle it without compromising your safety and comfort.
The 27 angle miter gauge has been designed with 27 angle stops that will make it easier for you to make the relevant adjustments on your saw. The adjustable flip stop gives you absolute control and ensures that all the markings are on point. Overall, it is easy to make calibration and adjustment before making the required cuts. This is a durable model as it is made of high-quality material.
The compact design of this miter gauge table is also a great advantage as you can easily carry the saw without detaching the miter gauge. All standard bar miters are compatible with the miter gauge and the large grip is convenient as you can have a firm grip on the miter gauge and saw when making cuts. Once it is set, you will make repeated cuts without having to adjust it again.
4. Incra MITERV27 Miter V27 Miter Gauge
This is another amazing Incra miter gauge that is quite unique as it features 27 angle stops. This is responsible for the accurate incremental controls, which makes it rank among the top-rated miter gauges. While it carries an extensive range of features, this model is quite affordable. It will work with router tables, disk sanders, and band saws s among other cutting tools. The design is appealing and the fact that it is compact in size, it will make it convenient when you need to carry it around.
- Miter Gauge featuring 27 angle stops for precise incremental control
- No-nonsense design and compact size
- Delivers extreme miter cutting accuracy
- Four expansion points adjust for zero side play
Incra miter gauge Features:
- The Incra miter gauge has a universal mounting bracket, which makes it compatible with any user-made fence.
- There is 27 angle stops on this miter gauge, which provides an incremental control that is precise.
- If you are looking for a miter gauge table saw with optimal accuracy then this would be it as it comes with dual pivoting flip arms and flip shop stop.
- There are 4 expansion points that will be adjusted for zero side play on the bar. This will ensure that the bar will not wiggle when connected to any tool.
- The design of the miter gauge is quite unique and has a compact size, which is convenient for most users.
This table saw miter gauge is known to deliver exceptional precision when you are cutting. This is facilitated by the AngelLOCK indexing system as well as the adjustable GlideLOCK miter bar. In total, you will be able to enjoy 41 locking angle stops that are in 5 degree increments. These are spread on the full 180 degrees range, giving you a wide scope of making the adjustment. You will get +/- 60 degree range miter cuts and there are special stops that are strategically placed at +/- 22.5 degrees.
The Flip Shop Stop is another feature on the best miter gauge as it gives you repeated accuracy instantly. This is great to increase productivity as there are hardly any downtimes. The dual pivoting flip arms are designed to ensure that your accuracy in on point. There are 4 expansion points that adjust for zero side play and anti-friction travel. This means that your bar will not wobble on the miter slot and as such, the cuts will always be accurate. There are universal mounting brackets that will make it easier to attach to any Incra fence.
5. DELTA Deluxe Miter Gauge
Deluxe miter gauge is another model that I have to review as it has made its name in the woodwork industry. This model is designed to give you maximum strength and comfort. Even If you are a novice, this would be a great choice as it is easy to use and will give you incredible accuracy. This is a miter gauge that will fit in any miter grooves that measure 3/8 by ¾ inches. It is a heavy duty miter gauge and will never disappoint you when you using it.
- Fits table saws, shapers, band saws and other machines with a 3/8" x 3/4" miter slot-Real...
- The Deluxe Miter Gauge is accurately constructed and equipped with adjustable positive...
- This is a manufacturer substitution. Part may differ in appearance but is a functional...
- Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) part. Compatible Brands: Delta
- If you are in search of a professional miter gauge, then this would be the right choice for you.
- As far as achieving accurate cuts goes, this miter gauge will help you to achieve just that as it comes with positive stops that are strategically placed an all the common angles.
- The delta miter gauge is designed to fit any miter groove slots that measure 3/8 by ¾ inches.
- There is a tip resistant washer, which will ensure that the miter gauge remains steady when you are working on the edges of extended surfaces.
- This is the high quality miter gauge for saw as it has very large grips that are meant to give you ultimate control and comfort.
There are oversized grips that are included on this model and as such, you are assured of maximum comfort and control. There is an adjustable guide bar on the miter gauge for table saw, which will make it easier to fit it into miter slots with tight tolerance. There are positive steps that have been placed on all the common angles, which makes it easier to use and adjust. The washer that has been included on this miter gauge is designed in such a manner that you do not have to worry about tipping when the miter gauge is being used on extended surface edges.
Any saw that has a T-slot miter grove can accommodate this miter gauge. It is quite compact in the size and has a unique design, which makes it fit on most miter grooves. All the incremental controls are on point and the fact that it has solid markings on the scale makes it much easier to pick and mark the angles that you intend to make cuts on. This is a heavy duty gauge and has been designed with the users in mind.
How to Determine What Miter Gauge Is Best For You?
Besides the table saw miter gauge reviews, there are some other factors that you should consider so as to determine the best gauge to use. Here are some of the key considerations that you need to bear in mind when looking for a quality miter gauge:
Work Piece Movement
You need to find a miter gauge that can reduce or completely remove any friction. As such, you need to get a miter gauge with a high quality sled, where the workpiece usually moves on.
Range and Capacity
Check the capacity and the maximum range of the miter gauge. This is to allow you to be able to use for different tasks. You need to consider the width as well as the extent of the scale on the miter gauge. This is what will determine if you can rely on the gauge for work pieces that have very wide and thick materials.
The other factor to consider is the saws that your miter gauge is compatible with. The best miter gauge is one that will fit on the standard miter bars. This makes it easier to also use such a gauge with a wide range of saws, besides the table.
There are some miter gauges that may take so much time to set and calibrate. You should go for one that is easy to use and adjust. Ultimately, the best option would be to pick the models that are already calibrated at the factory as you can use them straight from the box.
Price and Features
Consider the specific features that are on miter gauge. This is in comparison to the price that the miter gauge is being sold. You need to compare a number of models that are within a given price range and at the end of it all, you will settle for one that is loaded with the features you need and is affordable.
Design and Construction
Pick a miter gauge that has a compact size and design. You do not want to end up with a very bulky miter gauge that is difficult to use. You should also look at the construction material and establish that it is durable. You would not want to end up with a model that will start rusting or breaking in just a few days; find one that is strong and durable.
How to Use Table Saw Miter Gauge Properly?
With the best miter gauge, you will be sure that all the angle cuts you need to make are accurate. Some people do not realize that you can make a wide range of cuts when you learn how to use your miter gauge in the right manner. Here are some of the cuts that you can make with a miter gauge:
Square Cross Cuts
Square crosscuts are considered to be the most straight forward cuts that you can make with the best miter gauge. If you want to make these cuts, you should adjust the miter gauge to 90 degrees and confirm that it is precisely at 90 degrees. Slide the miter gauge all the way forward until the front area is visible. It is important to have the table saw unplugged from the power when making this marks.
Do not leave any gaps between the blade and the miter gauge. Lock down your workpiece using the lock and clamp system so as to ensure that it is held down firmly. When this is done, you should now slide the miter gauge back towards you. Place the stock against the flat edge of the miter gauge and place a mark with a pencil. At this point, connect your saw to power and align the blade to the markings and make your cut, while using the miter gauge as a guide.
Angled cross cuts are not so different from the square crosscuts, the only difference is the fact that the miter gauge is set at 45 degrees. Once you have set the miter gauge, you will follow the same steps above and end up making marks at the required points. Align the blade to the marking and then clamp down the work piece when making cuts.
Last, but not least, to make the specialty cuts, you need to use a jigsaw and miter gauge. To achieve better stability, have a wood strip that will be placed facing the miter gauge. The specialty cuts are mainly used on long boards. For the best results, you need to support the board using the matching sets of holes on the miter gauge and wood screws. Attach the jigsaw to the miter gauge and follow the specific instructions that you have been provided with by your manufacturer.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can you recalibrate miter gauges?
A: In most cases, you can easily recalibrate the miter gauge to the desired point. This is the only way that you can be able to mark and make the cuts that are required.
Q: How can I adjust the angle between the table saw and miter gauge?
A: If you want to adjust the angle between the miter gauge and the table saw, you need to be sure of the angle that you want to achieve. Then you will adjust the gauge on the miter bar to incline to the desired angle.
Q: Can I use a miter gauge with a Rip Fence?
A: Yes, you can, depending on the specific type of cuts that you want to achieve. However, you need to be careful as in most cases, these accessories should not be used together, but it is better for long rip cuts.
Q: What safety precaution is ideal when working with miter gauges?
A: The most important thing is to ensure that you are not making any adjustments when your saw is connected to power as this could result in serious injuries. Only connect the saw when you are ready to make your cuts.
By now, you must have learned the great value of the miter gauge. Any time you need to have accurate cuts on angles, you will need to invest in a good table saw miter gauge. I have provided in-depth miter gauge reviews in this guide to help you in picking the ideal model for your needs. All the models that I have reviewed are quite unique, but the Kreg KMS7102 Table Saw Precision Miter Gauge System stands out due to the versatile features and exceptional precision that it has to offer. It also works with a wide range of saws, making it a convenient accessory to have. I really hope that this guide has been of great use and will help you in your decision on the best miter gauge. Please feel free to drop a comment and also share this guide with your loved ones.