Tiling surfaces are one of the processes that require the use of proper tools and skills. Having the best tile cutter is one of the essential tools that will determine the success of the work. Tiles may need to be cut so as to have them fit in specific areas. The tile cutter allows you to cut tiles into different shapes and sizes and as such, you will have a clean job done. There is no way that you can accomplish professional tiling without using a cutter. The other types of tools may cause breakages and this can be quite a loss.
There are so many different types of tile cutters, which are designed for different tasks. These would be used for cutting various materials. As such, it is imperative to be able to find one that suits your needs in the best way possible. With all models and brands on the market claiming to be the best, you may have a difficult task. To be able to choose the right cutter for your needs, you will need some guidance. This is the essence of this article is to help you find the ideal tool for you. Continue reading so as to find out more and eventually make a decision.
Tile Cutter Benefits:
There are so many benefits of using a tile cutter. This is a tool that gives you the option to make clean and professional cuts. Here are some of the main benefits of the cutter:
- With a tile cutter, you will be able to make safe cuts, without exposing yourself to possible injuries.
- You will be able to make a clean and professional cut, leaving the edges of tiles with a smooth finish.
- You will be able to make your tile cuts quite fast and as such, the tile cutter will increase productivity.
- This is a tool that is easy to use as it does not need any installation and there are accessories that make the work much easier.
- It is easy to maintain the tool as it does not have any sensitive parts that require professional servicing and maintenance.
- With a tile cutter, you will be to cut tiles in different shapes and sizes, making it easier to fit tiles any place that you would want.
Best Tile Cutter On The Market 2021
When you need to work like a pro, you need to have the right tools. For tiling, you will need to have the best tile cutter. There are many models on the market and this may cause serious confusion for an ordinary buyer. I have made this easier for you by reviewing a couple of models and tested them. This has helped me to narrow down to some of the leading models on the market. I have picked the top 5 and I believe through the reviews, you will be informed in a much better way.
Here are the top rated tile cutters on my list:
QEP 10630Q 24-Inch Manual Tile Cutter with Tungsten Carbide Scoring Wheel for Porcelain and Ceramic Tiles
Top on my list is the QEP 10630Q as this is a tool that comes with diverse features. It is quite versatile and one of the things that you can be certain is that it will serve you for a very long time, thanks to its solid construction. This is a tool that has been built to last and it is quite easy to use. If you are a professional worker or a DIYer, you will find this tool to be useful as you will be able to cut through your tiles, efficiently and without a struggle.
This is the best manual tile cutter and does not require any setting, as it is designed to work straight from the box. This is a ceramic and porcelain tile cutter and will give you a safe cutting process. Whether you want to cut tiles diagonally or at any angle, you will easily use the score and snap process. There are dual chrome plated steel rails, which are rugged and this is supported by the linear ball bearing slides. These features allow you to score and cut large tiles easily. The process of cleaning this tile cutter is easy and this is an added advantage.
The QEP 10630Q comes with a wide base made of aluminum alloy and there are heavy duty rubber pads and a table extension. This gives you great stability when it comes to cutting heavy and large tiles. On this model, you will find a 7/8 inch titanium-coated tungsten carbide scoring wheel, which ensures accuracy. Overall this cutter makes the process of cutting tools easily. With this tool, you can easily cut 16 inch diagonally and 24 inch straight on ceramic tiles porcelain tiles. It comes with a measurement accessory that makes it easier to cut tiles precisely.
QEP 10630Q Tile Cutter Features
- You will able to clean this tile cutter with soap and water, or just an air compressor.
- With this tool, you will be able to cut porcelain and ceramic tiles up to 24 inches straight and 16 inches diagonally.
- This model is designed in such a manner that it will last for a very long time as it has a solid base made of aluminum alloy and chrome plated steel rails.
- There is a 7/8 inch cutting wheel that is titanium coated and tungsten carbide, for easy and smooth scoring.
- You will achieve maximum precision as there is a measurement guide, which is adjustable to make sure that the cuts are accurate.
Brutus 10800 27-Inch Rip and 20-Inch Diagonal Professional Porcelain Tile Cutter
If you have been searching for a good tile cutter, then this model will serve you very well. This is one of the cutters that is known to be versatile and you will be able to cut porcelain and ceramic tiles. For the straight cuts, you can cut up to 27 inches, while diagonally, you can cut up to 20 inches. You will conveniently and effortlessly be able to cut on tiles that are up to ½ inch thick. Irrespective of the cuts that you are making, this tool will be stable and balanced at all times. This is made possible by the solid base that it has, which is made of aluminum alloy.
Whether you have very large tiles to cut or need to just cut small strips, this is the best tile cutter for porcelain. There are linear ball bearing slides as well as dual chrome plated rails that will give you precise and reliable scoring. This is a worthwhile tool to invest in as it has been made in such a manner that it will last for a very long time. You will hardly have any problems even when you have heavy duty tiling cutting tasks. The wheel can be adjusted in 4 different heights, which is a safety feature.
There are rubber pads on the base and the cutting while is made of tungsten carbide and coated with titanium, which makes it reliable. The grip handle is designed in such a manner that it will give you ultimate comfort and this will minimize fatigue while making the cutting process easier. This is a multipurpose cutter and as such, you will be able to make use of it in different ways. With this cutter in your possession, there is no tiling project that you cannot handle.
Brutus 10800 Professional Porcelain Tile Cutter Features
- This tile cutter comes with a very large and high leverage bicycle grip and this will make the cutting easier and also minimize the fatigue.
- This is one of the most stable models as it comes with a wide die-cast aluminum base that has heavy duty rubber pads.
- With this tool, you can cut ceramic and porcelain tiles up to 27 inches and up to 20 inches, diagonally.
- The cutter is fitted with a 7/8 inch tungsten carbide cutting wheel, which is also titanium coated for durability.
- You will have a smooth and accurate scoring as this one has a linear ball bearing slides and dual chrome plated rail bars.
Roberts 10-900 Vinyl Tile Cutter, 12″
For those who need the best budget tile cutter, the Roberts 12 in. is the best model to go for. This comes with so many amazing features that will make it useful and easier to deliver professional results. The biggest advantage is that it is not as expensive as other models with similar features. This is a vinyl tile cutter that comes with built-in casters that have rubber feet. This means that you will be able to move the cutter easily and still enjoy great stability when cutting tiles. There measuring guide is clearly marked and there is a 45 degree miter guide that makes cutting easier.
This is the perfect tool for the cork tile, vinyl composition tile and the solid vinyl tiles, which are up to 1/8 inches thick. If you want to make horizontal cuts, you can cut up to 12 inches, while diagonally the cutter will make it possible to cut up to 9 inches. If you need to move around with the tool from one jobsite to another, you have nothing to worry about, as this particular model comes with a carrying case. This is a great tool for both experts as well as beginners who may be starting out in cutting tiles.
The moveable cutting guide is one of the features that you cannot ignore this tool as it will allow you to make repetitive cuts, without losing the consistency and the accuracy of the cuts. The tool is made in such a manner that you will be able to handle it conveniently, without having to suffer a whole lot of fatigue. This is one of those tools that are easy to use and do not need any high maintenance, as you can easily use an air compressor to clean it.
Roberts Tile Cutter Features
- With the Roberts 12 in. tile cutter, you can conveniently cut up to 12 inches horizontally as well as 9 inches diagonally.
- This is a specific tile cutter, which is designed to cut solid vinyl tile, cork tile and vinyl composition tile, up to 1/8 inches thick.
- If you need to move around on the work surfaces, it will be easy with the built in casters, which have rubber feet.
- The tile cutter comes with a solid case, which you can use to transport or store the toll when you are not using it.
- The measuring guide is clearly marked and as such, you can easily achieve ultimate accuracy. There is a 45-degree miter guide included.
Mophorn Tile Cutter Manual 47 Inch Adjustable Laser Guide Tile Cutter Pro
The Mophorn tile cutter is a manual cutter and you will love all the features that it carries. This is a tool that is made to help you achieve maximum accuracy when using it. The 47 inch tool has a laser guide, which is adjustable and as such, you can be sure that you will easily cut through both porcelain and ceramic floor tiles. The maximum cutting length is 47 inches and you can cut up to 6 inches thick. As a way of enhancing the precision of the cuts, this tool comes with steel side rails, which will guide your tiles when scoring.
The allow cutter wheel is also another reason why this qualifies as the best manual tile cutter for porcelain in that it is quite steady. There are 10mm rubber sponge compound pads, which are on the base and these are meant to give you stability for accurate cuts. The infrared ray device is one of the innovative technologies that have been included on this cutter. This works with the linear bearing block cut part to ensure that you have an accurate cutting. This is a stable tool and can be used for different projects.
With the Mophorn tile cutter, you can use it in various applications, including cutting stone, floor tiles, vitrified tiles, polished tiles as well as ceramic and porcelain tiles among others. There is a laser guide that will help in giving you the desired outcome. This tool has an antiskid rubber handle that will give you so much comfort and is also able to slide all the way, without any obstacles. There is a movable supporting foot which will protect your tiles from damage.
Mophorn Adjustable Laser Guide Tile Cutter Features
- For ultimate precision in tile cutting, this model comes with modern technology as it is fitted with an infrared ray device for accurate cutting.
- The solid steel rail will give you amazing stability and you will have a smooth slide, when making your cuts, without any hindrances.
- There is an antiskid handle that is made of rubber and this will enhance your comfort and minimize your fatigue when working.
- The movable supporting foot is meant to protect your tiles and there is also a high quality ball bearing for ultimate precision.
- This is one of the manual tile cutters that have longer cutting abilities as it can cut up to 47 inches long.
Montolit 36 Inch P3 Masterpiuma Manual Tile Cutter
The Montolit Masterpiuma is another tile cutter, which I consider to be one of the best rated as it comes with so many amazing features that will make the process of cutting tiles much easier. This particular model has been designed for professional use and you will be able to achieve clean cuts on all glass, ceramic and porcelain tiles. The beauty of this tool is that it does not leave a mess and the noise levels are quite manageable. You will definitely love everything about the features that it carries and additionally it does not cost a fortune.
When scoring the tiles this is the perfect cutter as it will give you a clean and uniformed cut. Even when you need to do repeated cuts, this is a convenient option as it will be consistent in the delivery of total precision. With this model, you can be able to cut hard porcelain and glass tiles, of up to ¾ inches thick. One of the things that I found to be amazing is the oil fed incision system, which is the first in the industry and patented for the Montolit Masterpiuma tile cutter. This allows you to make smooth and accurate cuts, effortlessly.
This is the best manual cutter as it comes with a nylon handle roller, which will atomically adjust to accommodate the thickness of the tiles. There is a supplementary breaking foot for mosaic and diagonal cuts, which is included such that you can easily make cuts on large tiles. There are a durable titanium incision wheel and an adjustable guide, which ranges from 0 to 90 degrees. This cutter will cut lines of up 36 inches long and comes with a convenient carrying handle.
Montolit 36 Inch Manual Tile Cutter Features
- The Montolit Masterpiuma allows you to make cuts on tiles to a length of up to 36 inches, making it ideal for large tiling tasks.
- This is one of the unique models as it comes with the first ever oil feed incision system that gives you accurate cuts.
- There is a nylon handle roller on the Montolit Masterpiuma tile cutter and this will detect the thickness of the tiles and adjust accordingly.
- This is a model that has been designed to be used by professionals to make cuts on porcelain and ceramic tiles.
- You will be able to score the surface and breaks for a clean and even cuts and you can cuts tiles of up to ¾ inches thick.
Things To Keep In Mind When Buying A Tile Cutter
When you go out shopping for a tile cutter, you can only hope that you will end up with the best ceramic tile cutter. With the reviews that I have given you, you have a good head start in making your decision. However, there are other things that you need to bear in mind so that you can be able to pick the tile cutter that will serve your needs in the best way. Here are a few pointers that will serve as a guide and help you in making your buying decision.
- Type of Tile Cutter
You need to be very sure about the type of tile cutter that you are buying so as to be sure that it will serve the purpose intended. There wet and dry tile cutters and the decision will mainly be influenced by the type of task that is ahead of you. Manual tile cutters are known to be convenient and easy to use and can be used for both small and large scale projects. It is important to pay keen attention so that you can have a tool that serves your specific needs.
- Size of Tool
The other essential factor that you will need to consider is the size of the cutter that you will have to buy. When thinking about the size of the cutter to buy, you need to bear in mind the scope of work to be done. If you have thick tiles that need to be cut, you may need to go for the heavy duty models, which tend to be quite large. On the other hand, if your type of work is the small and intricate details, you may need a smaller size that is easier to handle.
- Manual or Electric
There is a never ending debate on whether electric tile cutters are better than the manual ones. Well, the truth of the matter is that it all depends on what you need to achieve. The electric models are quite expensive and tend to be bulkier. They also have so many features, which are rather delicate and would work without them. The manual cutters are simple and easy to use, not mentioning that you can easily move around with them. However, electric tile cutters are guaranteed to deliver accurate results and work faster.
When I talk about construction, this is in reference to the type of materials that have been used in making the tool. You need to go for a model that is of solid construction and guaranteed to last for a long period of time. When looking at the construction, you need to pay attention to the blades as well and ensure that you have a model that will serve you for a long time. The tungsten carbide cutting wheels are known to be durable.
- Cutting Ability
Last, but not least, it is also important to consider the cutting capacity of your tile cutter. You should be sure that you have the right tool to make cuts for the desired length as well as cutting diagonally. You should also consider the maximum and minimum thickness that you tile cutter can be able to handle. In essence, you should look at how deep and long your tool can be able to cut, conveniently, without compromising on the precision.
With the best tile cutter, you should be able to accomplish a whole lot, primarily due to the versatile nature of the tool. However, this is also quite a dangerous tool and if safety is not observed, it may end up causing injuries. Here are some safety tips that I have put together to make it safer to operate the tile cutter.
- When you have to handle fresh tiles that are cut, you need to wear heavy duty gloves so that the tiles do not cut your hands.
- If you are using a dry tile cutter, you need to wear eye protection so as to prevent dust and dirt that may fly into your eyes.
- A mask is a great option as well as this will prevent any cases of inhaling silica, which is part of the ceramic clay tile.
- Check to ensure that you have a sharp cutting wheel, which is strong and durable.
- Place tile cutter on a flat and even surface so as to get the required stability when making the cuts.
- Test all the features and accessories and as such, you will ensure that all of them are working as expected to give you the desired results.
- Always keep the tile cutter away when not in use so as to prevent any accidents.
- It is advisable to always have a first aid kit on your work station when you are using the tile cutter. This can be quite useful in the event of an emergency.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I use the tile cutter to cut glass tiles and how difficult is it?
A: Yes, you can actually use a tile cutter to cut through glass tile and the good news is that it will be much easier. With the right tool, it will take very little effort.
Q: Will I get storage or carry case when I buy my tile cutter?
A: This will depend on the specific model that you will buy. There are some that will come with a storage case, which will be convenient to carry the tool with when moving around.
Q: Will my tile cutter help in cutting the stained glass?
A: You can use the tile cutters specifically for cutting tiles. When it comes to cutting stained glass, you may need to find the appropriate tool for the task.
Q: Can this tool be used to cut laminate and will the cuts be clean and neat?
A: The main objective of this tool is to cut tiles and as such, it is best to use it for that only. When you need to cut laminate, there are tools that may be more suitable for such tasks.
Q: Which direction does the cutter cut? Right or left?
A: In most cases, you will find the tile cutter will actually be able to cut in both directions. This gives you great convenience as you can easily cut back and forth with the right tile cutter.
There are so many people who are looking for the right tile cutter to buy. However, since the market is flooded with so many models and brands, it becomes a difficult task to pick the right tool. However, with this guide, the process becomes much easier, whether you are an expert or a beginner. Having tested so many models, you can fully trust my guide to be able to make a decision that will lead you to find the right tile cutter.
If you search for the best tile cutter, I have recommended a couple of models on this guide and you can use the reviews to make your buying decision. While each of the models that I have picked has unique features, I highly recommend the Mophorn Tile Cutter Manual 47 Inch Adjustable Laser Guide Tile Cutter. This is a modern tool with innovative features. Please take the time to share this guide with your loved ones to help them find the ideal tile cutter.