When you have the best sliding compound miter saw, you can be able to make so many unique cuts. This is as a result of the amazing features that this saw carries. While it is considered to be the most expensive type of miter saw, it is definitely worth the price. It comes with all the features that you would find on a miter saw and has a sliding arm as an addition. This is what allows you to make wider and thicker cuts than a standard miter saw would.
This increased cutting capacity is what makes it an ideal tool to have. However, the market has so many different types of sliding compound miter saws. They are availed in different sizes, styles, brands and models and this may make it a difficult task to pick the right one. Fortunately, through this guide and the sliding compound miter saw reviews you will be informed and be in a better position to buy the right one. I have put together this guide for the sole purpose of making it easier for you to pick the right tool.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Sliding Compound Miter Saw Reviews In 2021
- 1.1 DEWALT DWS779 12″ Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- 1.2 Hitachi C12RSH2 15-Amp 12-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser Marker
- 1.3 Craftsman 10″ Single Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw (21237)
- 1.4 Makita LS0815F 8-1/2″ Slide Compound Miter Saw
- 1.5 Evolution Power Tools RAGE3 10-Inch Multipurpose Cutting Compound Sliding Miter Saw
Why Sliding Miter Saw and Its Benefit?
The miter saw has become quite popular on the market, primarily due to the fact that they can be used on a number of projects. The best sliding compound miter saw will be useful in making cuts on wood and other materials like plastic, concrete and metal. DIYers, carpenters and other professionals find this tool to be quite useful.
When you use the sliding compound miter saw, you will be able to love every single aspect that it has. Here are some of the key benefits of using this tool:
- The sliding compound miter saw is easy to use, which is a great advantage. This miter saw is among the power tools that you will come across the market with properties that make it easy to operate it.
- If you want to save up on time and not compromise on the quality of the cuts, you will need this saw. It can cut wider and larger pieces in a short while.
- The other benefit is the fact that the saw allows you to make different cuts, from different angles. As such, this eliminates the need for the use of so many tools.
- Not only are able to make different cuts, with the sliding compound miter saw, but also they are quality cuts, with extreme sleekness.
- The biggest benefit, for me, is the accuracy and precision that you will get with this compound miter saw. There are features that make it possible to make cuts at required angles.
Best Sliding Compound Miter Saw Reviews In 2021
Whether you are a hobbyist or a professional, any time you want to buy the best sliding compound miter saw, you will be confronted by so many options. All the products on the market are said to be the best and this can be quite confusing. As a result, I have picked some of the best models on the market and reviewed then. Through the sliding compound miter saw reviews, below, you should be in a better position to make an informed decision.
DEWALT DWS779 12″ Sliding Compound Miter Saw
If you are in search of a powerful sliding compound miter saw, then you should pick the DEWALT DWS779. This is another power miter saw that has been made by DEWALT and it does not disappoint. The saw comes with a very powerful 15 amp motor, with the capacity to deliver up to 3,800 rotations per minute. This is adequate power to ensure that all the cuts are accurate and high quality. There is a dust collection system that is quite effective in that it will capture over 75% of the waste and dust that is produced.
The CUTLINE blade positioning system is also another amazing feature that will provide adjustments that allow free cut line indication. This will provide great accuracy as the visibility is enhanced, significantly. The dual horizontal rails come with an innovative clamping mechanism as well as ball bearings, which will give you an accurate cut. This DEWALT DWS779 sliding miter saw has a compact design and is made in such a manner that it will last for a very long time. The versatile features make it rank as the best sliding compound miter saw for the money, and it will give you clean and precise cuts.
The exclusive back fence design is another thing that you will love on the saw. With this design, the saw is able to make cuts of up to 2×16 dimensional lumber at 90 degrees and 2×12 at 45 degrees. The saw will miter 50 degrees to the left and 60 degrees to the right, which provides excellent capacity for all the professional applications. There is an adjustable stainless steel miter plate and it has 10 positive stops. The bevel and miter systems are quite versatile, delivering, excellent results.
Dewalt 12 sliding compound miter saw Core Features
- The DEWALT DWS779 comes with a cam lock miter handle that has detent override and this will help deliver accurate miter angles, quickly.
- This model of sliding compound miter saw will miter 60 degrees to the right and 50 degrees to the left, improving the functionality.
- The DEWALT DWS779 has a powerful 15 amp motor, with the capacity to deliver 3,800 rotations per minute.
- There is an exclusive back fence design that makes it possible to cut up to 2×12 lumber at 45 degrees and 2×16 at 90 degrees.
- This miter saw comes with an innovative gear and belt-drive mechanism, which will increase the capacity for making vertical cuts.
Hitachi C12RSH2 15-Amp 12-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser Marker
If your interest in modern tools that do not compromise on the effectiveness of the cuts, the Hitachi C12RSH2 is the perfect one. This is a 12-inch dual sliding compound miter saw that is equipped with all the necessary features to make the cutting a success. There is a compact slide system that needs a zero clearance on the rear end. The rail system is fixed and as such, you saw head will glide smoothly, along with the fixed rails. The footprint will be decreased by the compact slide system and this is part of the reason why it is a great tool to have.
There is a very tall sliding fence on this model that will allow you to cut out larger materials. When you want to make bevel cuts, the fences will slide out so as not to interfere with your bevels. The tool less laser maker is easily adjustable and as such, even if you are not an expert in using a sliding miter saw, you will be able to make accurate cuts. This makes the accuracy of the cuts on point and this is why trimmers and other professionals find value in the Hitachi C12RSH2 sliding compound miter saw.
The saw has a 0 to 45-degree bevel angle range from the right to the left. This allows the user to be able to flip the blade, easily, without interfering with the workpiece. This saw will miter up to 57 degrees to the rights and up to 45 degrees to the left. This gives you great flexibility and you will also take advantage of the positive stops and indications that are on the miter and bevel scale. The scale is marked clearly, to facilitate easy reading and quick adjustments.
Hitachi 12 Dual Bevel miter saw Core Features
- The Hitachi C12RSH2 comes with a vertical handle that has a soft and ergonomic grip. It also has elastomer, which reduces vibration, giving you greater control and comfort.
- There is a laser marker system that is on this model and this makes it easier to adjust the settings and make accurate cuts.
- The sliding fence is quite large and will rise to a height of 5 1/8 inches such that you can cut up to 7 ½ inches, vertically.
- The miter and bevel scale has positive stops and indications, to facilitate easier reading of measurements.
- The Hitachi C12RSH2 has a powerful, 15 amp motor that will be able to deliver up to 3,800 rotations per minute.
Craftsman 10″ Single Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw (21237)
The Craftsman 10′ Sliding Compound Miter Saw has so many sliding compound miter saw reviews that are positive. This is a model that ensures that the job is done precisely and you will have a smooth cutting operation. The fact that it comes with a laser guided precision is a great feature to ensure that the cuts are always accurate. This is a light model and as such, you will be able to carry it around and be able to use it for both workshop and job site tasks. There is the benefit of being able to make cuts on thick materials, using this model.
The Craftsman 10′ Sliding Compound Miter Saw has a powerful motor of 15 amps that spins that go all the way up to 4,800 per minute, making it possible to make cuts, effortlessly. The fact that it accommodates both soft and hardwood make it versatile and you can use it to make tight corners and sharp edges. You will find this to be a money saving model as you can use blades that are easy to maintain as opposed to the ones used on other models. When working with the model, the cut line will always be clear and visible, increasing your accuracy.
There are a number of features and accessories that will come with the Craftsman 10′ Sliding Compound Miter Saw. It has a blade wrench, to be used in making adjustments and blade changes. The dust bag will ensure that all the dust is absorbed when working with this saw to make cuts. The fact that it is made of aluminum not only makes it light but also durable. There is a 0 to 50-degree miter adjustment that has positive stops, to facilitate cuts. The 60 carbide teeth will give the saw extended lifespan, which makes this a worthwhile investment.
Craftsman 10 miter saw Core Features
- The dual slide bearing rail system will make it easier for you to cut joists, posts and studs with the Craftsman 10′ Sliding Compound Miter Saw.
- There is a telescoping aluminum extension that has a stop block and this will give you the support that you will need for the longer cutting tasks.
- The Laser Trac is an ideal feature that will provide a clear cut line, to improve accuracy and it never runs out of batteries.
- The saw has a powerful 15 amp motor that is able to deliver up to 4,800 rotations per minute, for maximum torque and the best speeds.
- The Craftsman 10′ Sliding Compound Miter Saw is made of industrial grade aluminum and this is what makes it light and durable.
Makita LS0815F 8-1/2″ Slide Compound Miter Saw
Makita LS0815F is an 8 ½ inch slide compound miter saw that has a compact design. It is also one of the lightest miter saws on the market and comes with a direct drive motor that is quite powerful. This perfect combination makes this to be the most powerful, yet portable miter saw and it offers cutting abilities for different applications. It comes with a 10.5 amp motor and is loaded with a soft start mechanism. This will ensure that users get a smooth startup and the power is constant at all times, which results in accurate and consistent cuts.
As a safety feature, this saw comes with an electric brake that adds to the convenient features. The linear ball bearing mechanism is made in such a manner that it will deliver accurate and neat cuts on a wide range of applications. The beauty of this model is that it miter up to 60 degrees to the right and 50 degrees to the left. The saw comes with positive stops at 0, 15, 22.5, 31.6, 50 and 60 degrees. The dual rear handle bevel lock is easy to access and can adjust to 48 degrees on the left and up to 5 degrees on the right.
The Makita LS0815F weighs 31.1 pounds, which is increased portability. This is the best sliding compound miter saw for job site projects. There is a see-through blade guard system that will give you visibility of the cut line and the blade, to enhance accuracy. The D handle design is rubberized to give you an ergonomic and comfortable grip. The large trigger switch will make it easier for you to control the saw. There is and LED light that will illuminate the cut line, to give you clearer vision. You will love every feature that has been included in this model.
Makita 8 1/2 sliding miter saw Core Features
- The Makita LS0815F is a saw that comes with a compact design and this is supported by the light weight of 31.1 pounds.
- There is a powerful 10.5 amp motor that uses a direct drive motor and is able to deliver up to 5,000 rotations per minute. This motor requires minimal maintenance.
- The saw has the capacity to cut up to 8 ½ inches at 45 degrees, and up to 12 inches at 90 degrees.
- The horizontal D-shaped handle has an ergonomic grip and has a large switch trigger, included, to make it easier to control and operate the saw.
- The Makita LS0815F miters from 0 to 60 degrees on the right and 0 to 50 degrees on the left.
Evolution Power Tools RAGE3 10-Inch Multipurpose Cutting Compound Sliding Miter Saw
The Evolution Power Tools RAGE3 is a great tool to have as it will cut through different materials. This 10-inch sliding miter saw can be able to cut steel, aluminum, wood, plastics and other materials, with a single blade. The cuts will be clean and neat and you will not have to worry about sparks when cutting steel. This is a saw that has amazing features like the in-line handle, which will enable you to use either the left or the right hand. There is a laser guiding mechanism that will enhance the accuracy of the cuts that you will make. This is a reliable sliding compound miter saw.
The multipurpose cutting ability is what makes this to be the best sliding compound miter saw. This has been proved to be a model that can be used to even cut wood that has nails and other foreign objects, without a problem. You can cut both ferrous and non-ferrous metals with this saw. For most models, when they are cutting metals, they tend to have heat buildup. However, when working with the Evolution Power Tools RAGE3, it will remain cool, even when you use for extended periods. The workpiece will also stay cool and as such, you can handle it with ease.
Ordinarily, abrasive blades will create excessive dust, fumes and even fire. However, with the Evolution blades, there is a safe cutting process as they create minimal heat and hardly produce sparks. This is a model that comes with a wide range of accessories like the effective dust collection bag that has a port plug. This makes the dust management process much easier. The extension support bar and the depth stop are essential features to ensure that you can produce faster repeat cuts, without compromising on the accuracy. This model comes with an optional miter stand, which enhances the sturdiness of this saw.
Multipurpose Cutting Sliding Miter Saw Core Features
- The Evolution Power Tools RAGE3 has a powerful 15 amp hi-torque motor, coupled with a soft start, and this allows you to make great cuts.
- The model comes with a multipurpose cutting technology, through which you will be able to make cuts on different materials, with the same blade.
- There is a simple and accurate miter cutting mechanism as the saw miters to 45 degrees, on the left and right side and comes with 9 positive stops.
- The advantage of working with the Evolution Power Tools RAGE3 is that it will produce minimal heat, burrs and sparks, unlike the models with abrasive blades.
- This is a versatile saw as you can use different blades to convert it into a sliding tile cutter and also work on metal cutting applications.
Things to Consider When Buying a Sliding Compound Miter Saw
There are many sliding compound miter saw reviews that you may come across on the internet. However, the reviews may not be enough to help you make the right decision. There are some features that you need to look at so as to pick a tool that will serve your needs, adequately. Here are some of the considerations when you intend to buy the best sliding compound miter saw:
- Safety Features
It comes, without a doubt that the sliding compound miter saw is a powerful and effective tool. However, this is also one of the most dangerous tools that you can have in your workshop. As such, it is imperative to find a model that has features that enhance safety like fence guards and electric brakes. You should ensure that the safety features are highly effective.
- Laser Guide System
The laser guide is not a mandatory feature to have, but it is ideal. This will enhance the usefulness of your miter saw. The laser guide should help you make more accurate cuts when you are using the saw. This is a critical consideration, mainly for the professionals that use the saw for different tasks.
- Motor Power
The sliding compound miter saw is one that will have enough power for different cutting jobs. The motor is what determines the amount of power that will be produced by the saw. In most cases, most models will have 10 to 15 amps of motor power. If you plan to be using the miter saw often, you need to ensure that you have a powerful motor that will serve your needs. As long as the motor is properly powered up, it will work smoothly, even under difficult tasks. While looking at the motor, you can pick a model that has variable speeds and a smooth start mechanism.
- Dust Management
One of the features that a good miter saw should have is the dust collection system. In the most model, this is just a simple bag, which is not effective in the management of the dust. You need to buy a sliding compound miter saw that has a functional dust collection system that will ensure that the work area is always clean. This improves your visibility, thereby enhancing the quality and precision of the cuts. This will also extend the lifespan of your tool as the dust will not get into the miter saw.
- Type of Blade
When you buy a miter saw, you may get a standard blade, which works perfectly when making rough cuts. However, if you want a model that you will use for fine woodworking projects, then you may want to for a model that supports high-quality blades. On the same breath, it should be noted that there are instances when you have to keep changing the blade. As such, it will be advantageous if you can find a model that has an easy and fast blade change mechanism. Go Here if you are looking for high-quality miter saw blades reviews.
10 Safety Tips When Using a Sliding Miter Saw
When you choose to buy a saw through the guidance of sliding compound miter saw reviews, you will learn how to use it. This is a tool that is known to be quite dangerous and as such, you need to be careful when using it. Here are some safety tips that you can follow so as to use your sliding miter saw safely:
- When using the sliding miter saw, you should always wear protective gear like dust masks, goggles, earplugs and anti-slip shoes.
- If you are to make any adjustments or repairs on the saw or the blades, you should turn it off and unplug it from power.
- Always ensure that your hands and fingers are kept at least 6 inches from the blade of the miter saw.
- Never wear loose clothing, accessories or jewelry, when you intend to use the miter saw, as such items may cause accidents when the saw grabs you.
- In order to enhance the visibility of the cut line, you should always clean the lower guard. This allows you to monitor the movement of the blade.
- You should only use the recommended blade size with the miter saw and ensure that the blade is sharp enough.
- Even if you are an expert with great experience, you should never carry out any freehand operations, even if you have the best sliding compound miter saw.
- Clamp your workpiece against the fence, when you are cutting it to avoid losing control of the saw or stock.
- Avoid making cuts on very small pieces, as they can be quite a hassle and expose you to great danger.
- If you need to make any adjustments, allow the blade to come to a complete stop as this prevents injuries that are associated with the blade.
If you are looking for more information about How to safely use a miter saw go here right away – https://bestsawreviews.com/how-to-use-a-miter-saw/
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I use the sliding compound miter saw to cut stainless steel?
A: Yes, you can use the miter saw to make cuts on stainless steel. All that you will need is to ensure that you have the right blade for the task. You can even cut aluminum and plastics.
Q: How many teeth are on a standard sliding compound miter saw blade?
A: This will vary on the type of blade that you have. The number of teeth will vary and will depend on the specific need that you have. The blades with many, closed-in teeth are ideal for the task that require a fine finish.
Q: Does my miter saw come with an electric blade?
A: The electric blade is what is commonly referred to as a blade brake and most modern models will have it. This is an essential feature to have as it prevents accidents, by turning off the machine immediately.
Q: Are there extension arms on all sliding compound miter saws?
A: This is also an issue about the model that you end up buying. The ones that come with extension arms are quite convenient and they will not disappoint you, even when you have to deal with very long workpieces.
Q: Will the sliding miter saw come with a dead stop for making dado cuts?
A: A good number of models have the dead stop, which is a convenient feature when it comes to dado cuts.
Finally, you can be able to buy a good sliding compound miter saw, without a problem. I have highlighted all the relevant information that you will need to know about this powerful tool. The market has so many different models and, as mentioned earlier, the beauty of this saw is that you will be able to get all the functions of an ordinary compound miter saw, and so much more. As long as you can find the ideal model, then you will be happy to possess the sliding miter saw, whether you are a hobbyist or a professional.
I have provided a couple of sliding compound miter saw reviews on this guide, to help make your shopping much easier. From the top models I have reviewed, here, I recommend the DEWALT DWS779 12″ Sliding Compound Miter Saw as the best sliding compound miter saw. If this guide has been of help to you, please feel free to share it and leave your feedback below.
Leave a Reply