Last Updated on
There are so many people who have had saws and struggle to find an ideal stand. The best options would be to buy a portable table saw stand since it is compact and easy to store away when you do not need to use it. You may also want to consider a universal stand if you are not sure which one would suit your tool. When you have a portable model, you will have the advantage of using it on different job sites for cutting tasks.
There are quite a number of stands and as such, you may be wondering which would be the best saw stand. Here is a comprehensive guide that will take you through various details about saw stands and end teach you how to make your own. With a clear understanding of the saw, it becomes easier to make a decision on the stand.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Portable Table Saw Stand Reviews In 2019
- 1.1 Makita 194093-8 Adjustable Portable Table Saw Stand with Wheels
- 1.2 Bosch TS2100 Gravity Rise Table Saw Stand
- 1.3 DEWALT DW7440RS Rolling Saw Stand
- 1.4 Rousseau 2780 Table Saw Stand for Smaller Portable Saws
- 1.5 DEWALT DW7450 Table Saw Stand for DW745 10-Inch Compact Job Site Table Saw
- 1.6 How to Build a Portable Stand?
Different Types of Table Saw Stands
There are a number of different types of saw stand, which is important to familiarize yourself with your search for the right saw table stand. Below are the main types on the market:
Just as the name implies, these are fixed and cannot be moved around. When you have a workshop, where you spend most of the time doing your cutting tasks, then this would be the right stand for the saw to consider. This is firm and sturdy to support all your cutting tasks, but they also come with some wheels to help in movement.
Adjustable Steel Stands
The adjustable steel stands are loved by users due to their solid construction. This makes them durable and you can use them for quite a long time. Due to the fact that they are adjustable, they will offer you great flexibility and are usually compact in size and have a foldable design. There are in different styles and in most cases, they will be designed as a universal stand. They have wheels that will facilitate movement from one point to another.
A portable stand is ideal for mobile contractors. Everything in these stands is designed in such a manner that it will give you the convenience that you need to move the stand around. Usually, they are pretty light and comes with foldable legs and overall collapsible design. The wheels and casters that are fitted on these stands will allow you to move them on any terrain. A portable stand can either be used in a workshop or on job sites.
Table Saw Stand Extension
There is also an option of using the stand extension as your stand. These are usually made in such a way that you will attach the tool and get more working area. Table stand extension is meant to provide support to the stock that is being ripped.
The aluminum stands are pretty much the same as the adjustable steel saw stands. The clear difference is the fact this type of saw table stand is made of aluminum which is light and durable. You can use such stands for different cutting tasks as they are compatible with most table saws.
I have highlighted the 5 main types of table saw stands. However, when you are choosing the right stand, it is important to consider a number of factors, which we will discuss later, so as to find the best model.
Best Portable Table Saw Stand Reviews In 2019
The choice of the best portable stand takes a whole lot of consideration. With so many models on the market, you may end up confused on the suitable stand. Fortunately, I will review some of the top models so that you can have a clear picture of what to expect from each type of stand. Here are some of the best-rated stands:
Makita 194093-8 Adjustable Portable Table Saw Stand with Wheels
The Makita stand is one of the best choices that you will have. It is quite flexible since it is an adjustable stand and comes with a wide range of features, which makes it compatible with different models. Some of the top brands that it supports include Ryobi, Delta, DEWALT, Hitachi, Bosch and Jet among others. It has pressure assisted cylinders on the sides, which makes it strong enough to support different saws.
As far as mobility goes, this is a stand with wheels that will help in easier movement. The wheels are made of hard rubber, which enhances the strength and durability of the stand to be able to give your table saw the support that it needs. You will never have to worry about the wheels going flat at any time. Even if you have very little storage space, this is the best choice as it has a collapsible design. When you are doing using the stand, you will dismount it and fold it to fit any place that you have.
There is a 5 level height adjustment feature on this stand. This will allow you to make quick height adjustments, which are comfortable for you. You will have an easy time loading your stock into the saw as the stand has telescopic support for rollers and materials. This stand is quite durable due to the tubular aluminum construction, which also makes it strong. If you are working on the irregular surface, you can adjust the feet of the table to get good stability.
Makita portable table saw Core Features:
- This Makita stand has pressure assisted cylinders, which are located on each side. This enhances the strength of the stand such that it can support the saw.
- This is an adjustable stand that comes with amazing features like shock absorbers and also a collapsible design.
- This passes as a universal stand as it supports quite a number of models, including Ryobi, Hitachi, Jet, Bosch, DEWALT and Delta.
- As far as durability is concerned, this stand is made of tubular aluminum and a heavy duty steel frame. This is quite strong and durable.
- There are wheels that are made of hard rubber on the stand with wheels to facilitate movement. There are also adjustable feet that can be adjusted to get perfect stability on any surface.
Bosch TS2100 Gravity Rise Table Saw Stand
This Bosch stand allows you to work at your preferred height. You no longer have to suffer backaches and fatigue when using the table saw as this stand makes the process a whole lot easier for you. The lower stance on the table stand will give you guidance to be able to find the right height for the saw. It comes with an incredible technology that makes it easier to set it up and fold it down when you are done using it. Bosch is known for the quality tools that make and this stand is not any different.
This Bosch gravity rise saw stand weighs 52 pounds, which makes it quite light. However, this is not a reason to despise it as it will support tools that are as heavy as 250 pounds. It is truly mobile as it is loaded with 8 inch non-pneumatic wheels that have solid treading. With this stand you can pass through any terrain and the wheels will never go flat. This is a model that can serve you a great deal as it works with different types of saws.
To ease the move from one place to another the Bosch gravity rise stand has a compact and collapsible design. It is also made of quality steel and has a powder coat finish to make it strong and durable. All adjustments on the stand are tool free, and this will save you a whole lot of time when you need to set it up or dismantle the stand. This stand will support most cutting applications using table saws.
Bosch gravity rise stand Core Features:
- The Bosch gravity rise stand has a very light weight of 52 pounds, but the solid construction allows it to support loads of up to 250 pounds.
- The release lever is part of the features that are incorporated on this stand to make it easy to set up, adjust and use.
- The 8 inches treaded wheels on the Bosch stand and non-pneumatic tires will help maneuver any terrain. They also provide great strength as the tires will never go flat.
- This stand is made of high-quality tubular steel, which is an assurance of great strength and durability.
- There are universal mounting slots on the Bosch gravity rise stand, making it a preferred model as it supports different models of saws.
DEWALT DW7440RS Rolling Saw Stand
DEWALT DW7440RS rolling saw stand is a reliable model since it carries versatile features. It is made of high-quality aluminum, which makes it quite light, yet sturdy enough to support your workload. This is one of the tables saw stands that will maintain your table saw at a perfect height and as such, you will need not to worry about fatigue and muscle ache. It weighs 33 pounds, making it quite portable, but this does not compromise on the functionality of the stand. It can handle loads of up to 200 pounds comfortably.
The DEWALT DW7440RS stand comes with a very wide base and rear offset legs. This is a unique design, with so much convenience as it will provide you great stability when you are making cuts on your stock. You will also get great support for the feed control, with the levers that will allow you to fold the legs pretty fast to move to a different location. The kickstand is quite strong and is responsible for ensuring that stand is upright, even when the saw is still attached. You will make use of the connect stand brackets to attach and detach the saw.
While other table stands are keen on ensuring the job is done, the DEWALT stand is designed in such a manner that it will give you great comfort when using it. There are large wheels that will easily roll over any surface, to make movement easier for you. In addition, there is a retractable handle that has a soft grip. When you need to transport the stand, the handle will slide out. The rubber feet will give you good traction and stabilize the stand to give you the required stability to make accurate cuts.
Dewalt table saw stand Core Features:
- The DEWALT DW7440RS rolling saw stand has a lightweight design as it weighs only 33 pounds.
- There is a heavy-duty kickstand on the stand that will give the stand upright balance at all times.
- Make use of the quick connect stand brackets when you need to attach the table saw to the DEWALT DW7440RS stand. This will also make the process of detachment much easier.
- The wide standing base gives you great stability when using this stand. There also offset rear legs that will provide you with the support you need for material feed control.
- The folding legs on the DEWALT stand have quick release levers that collapse easily under the stand for transportation and storage.
Rousseau 2780 Table Saw Stand for Smaller Portable Saws
The Rousseau 2780 stand is a replacement for the 2745 and 2700 stands. This is a stand that is specially designed for people who have small and portable table saws. It has a lightweight of 52 pounds and will work with a wide range of saws. For you to buy this stand, you need to ensure that your tool has a depth of 24 ½ inches and a width of 27 inches. The stand comes with plenty of features that will enhance the accuracy of the cuts that you make.
There are micro adjust assemblies on this saw table stand and as such, you will be able to align your saw in such a manner that you will achieve accurate cuts. While portable models are not known for total accuracy, this stand will improve the precision. The compact design and foldable legs are part of the features that have been included to ensure that you enjoy great convenience when you need to store or move the stand. It also comes with a T-square fence that can be fully adjusted so as to give you the desired angle for the cuts.
With the help of the Rousseau stand you can make rip cuts of up to 27 inches and a depth of 24 ½ inches. It is made of high-quality steel and has a powder coat finish that will enhance its longevity. The laminated bench top is what allows you to use the stand with various models of saws. If you are a job site contractor, you may need to consider this stand as it works with different brands including DEWALT, Hitachi and Makita.
Rousseau table saw stand Core Features:
- Rousseau 2780 stand is ideal as it works with most of the leading brands with a maximum rip capacity of 27 inches.
- The stand weighs 52 pounds, which a good weight as it is stable enough, yet easy to carry around when you need to move with the stand.
- The stand is made of heavy duty steel and has a powder coat finish that will prolong its lifespan and give it adequate strength.
- Another great feature of this stand is the T-style locking fence that improves the precision of the cuts as it allows you to align the tool easily.
- There are micro adjust assemblies on the Rousseau stand, which will come in handy when you need to make quick and precise settings on your tool.
DEWALT DW7450 Table Saw Stand for DW745 10-Inch Compact Job Site Table Saw
If you have been working with power tools, then you must have come across a brand known as DEWALT. This is known to make great and high quality tools and this applies to the DEWALT DW7450 stand. This is one model that I found to have all the features that one would want in a stand. It is made of high quality steel, and this makes it strong and durable. This is a good investment in that when you buy it, it will serve you for a long time. The heavy gauge tubular steel is responsible for the strength that is exhibited by this stand. As such, even when you have to cut through tough applications, you can rest assured that you will have great stability.
Setting up the stand is very easy as this portable stand has parts that are easy to assemble. In addition to this, it has a compact design and folding legs. This makes it easier to take it down and move from one job site to another. The overall design is easy to carry even with a small vehicle. It is important to note that this stand is designed to work with the DEWALT DW7450 10 inch table saw.
The DEWALT stand has bar hardware holes that are already drilled, making your work easier when securing the saw to the stand. There is 19 by 31 inches footprint on this stand that will give you exceptional stability. Once you have attached your tool to this stand, you will get a working height of 33 inches, which is comfortable. This is a great model and it will not disappoint you when you use it correctly.
Dewalt table saw stand Core Features:
- The collapsible design and compact size of the DeWalt DW7450 stand make it portable and convenient to use on job sites.
- It is made of a heavy gauge steel tube and this is responsible for the solid construction, which makes it durable and strong.
- The portable stand has bar hardware holes that are designed to make it easier to secure the table saw to the stand.
- There is a footprint on the stand that will give it great stability and you can be sure that your tool will not wobble when you are making cuts.
- This DEWALT stand has a collapsible design is designed to work with the DEWALT DW7450 10 inch saw.
Key Considerations When Buying a Quality Saw Stand
The stands that have reviewed are just a guide to help you appreciate different models. However, when buying a portable table saw stand, their other factors that you will need to consider, which include:
It is important to ensure that you are shopping for a stand that is compatible with your saw. However, if you are not too sure, the best option would be to buy a universal stand that works with the various models.
When it comes to portability, it means that you need to find a stand that is light enough to carry. It should also have wheels and legs that can be folded easily when you need to move around with the stand.
The saw table stand needs to be something that you can set up without too much work. You need to find a model that has a simple way of using and adjusting when working with your tool. Finding a tool-free stand can be a great advantage.
- Overall Construction
The best table saw stand is one that has the capacity to support your saw effectively. Find stands that are made of steel or aluminum, because they are not only strong but also durable.
Everything has a price and when searching for a stand for the saw, you need to have a clear budget in mind. Compare all the features that are within your budget and pick one that perfectly suits your needs.
How to Build a Portable Stand?
You do not have to buy a portable table saw stand as you can easily build your own. Here is a simple guide to building your stand:
What you will need:
- Electric saw
- Tape measure
- ¾-inch plywood
- 1½ inch screws
- 2½ inch screws
- Two 2-by-4-by-8-foot pieces of wood
- Two 4-by-4-by-6-foot pieces of wood
- Cut the 2 x 4 piece of wood into 2 equal halves and since it was 8 feet long, each piece should be 4 feet.
- Cut the next piece of 2 by 4 into 2 pieces, each with 45 inches.
- Now, cut the 4 by 4 pieces into equal parts, giving you a total of 4 pieces with each measuring 3 feet.
- Take the 2 pieces of the 2 by 4 wood, that measure 4 feet and place them on opposite sides, leaving a 4-foot space in between.
- Place the 2 pieces, of 45 inches in the space that is in between to create a frame that should be a perfect square. Measure to ensure all sides are equal.
- Join the frame using the 2 ½ inch screws and ensure that it is tight enough.
- The next step is to cut the plywood to measure 4 square feet. This is the piece that will be placed on the frame that you have.
- At the plywood using the 1 ½ inches. The spacing of the screws should 6 inches apart so as to have it secured on the frame.
- Finally, you will need to put the legs on your saw table stand. You will do this by turning it upside down and attaching the 4 by 4 wood pieces, with a length of 3 feet. Have one on each corner and your table saw stand will be ready for use.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Do all stands have a quick connect system?
A: No, not all will come with the quick connect system and as such, if you need a model that has such a system, it would be advisable to search for one. Most tables saw stands, however, use bolts to have the table saw attached.
Q: Is it necessary to remove the saw from the stand when storing it?
A: While there may be no harm leaving your saw attached to the stand, it is advisable to remove it. This will give you great convenience when storing your saw as well as the stand.
Q: Is there a stand that is compatible with all saws?
A: Yes, there are quite a number of manufacturers that make the universal stands. When shopping around, it would be ideal to specify your model so as to ascertain if they are compatible.
Q: Which is the best stand?
A: There are a number of factors that need to be considered so as to find the best stand. The best would be the one that works with your tool without any problems.
Q: How do I clean the stand?
A: The best way to clean your stand is by following the instructions that are provided by the manufacturer. However, most parts can easily be wiped down.
Having a good portable table stand is a great thing as it will enhance the functionality of the saw. I have tried to provide a great deal of information, including reviews on some of the best stands on the market. You should be able to buy your own without any problems. From the models that I reviewed, I would pick The DEWALT DW7440RS rolling saw stand as the Portable table saw stand. This stand has a lot of features and is compatible with most leading brands. As such, you can invest in it and you will not regret having a high quality stand. If you founding this guide to useful please leave a comment and also share it to help others find a great stand for the table saw.