Last Updated on
When you have a miter saw, you can make the most of it, when it is well secured. Unless you choose to bolt down the miter saw on another surface, you will need to find the best miter saw stand. Having a saw secured on a stand will enhance the accuracy that you will receive and this is also a safety measure. This gives you a leveled base that supports the workpiece effectively and at the end of it all, you will have great results.
Making a choice for the stand that will be suitable for your saw may be quite a challenge. You will need to confirm that the stand has the capacity to support your saw and allow safe mounting. There are so many different types of miter stands on the market and as such, you may have some difficulty in picking one that suits you. I have put together a number miter saw stand reviews, which can be of great use and help you make a good decision and pick the right product.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Miter Saw Stand on the Market in 2020
- 1.1 BORA Portamate PM 4000 Heavy Duty Folding Miter Saw Stand with Quick Attach Tool Mounting Bars
- 1.2 DEWALT DWX726 Rolling Miter Saw Stand
- 1.3 POWERTEC MT4000 Deluxe Miter Saw Stand with Wheels and 110V Power Outlet
- 1.4 Toughbuilt 124″ Miter Saw Stand Universal Tool Mounts
- 1.5 Bosch Portable Gravity Rise Wheeled Miter Saw Stand T4B
Benefits of the Miter Saw Stand:
When you land on the best miter saw stand, you will be able to make accurate cuts, easily. The stand is usually portable and as such, you can carry it to your job site projects. Having the miter saw mounted in a rigid manner will help in enhancing the precision of the cuts as well as your safety. Your work will be improved to a great extent and you can make versatile cuts with the stand in place.
As I have mentioned, and when you look at the most miter saw stand reviews, you will realize that there quite a number of benefits that are attributed to having a solid stand. Here is a sum up of the key advantages that you will get from a good saw stand:
- The greatest advantage of the saw stands is that they are portable. This means that you can easily move with the stand and your miter saw from one point to another, conveniently.
- With a good stand, the process of making cuts on longer pieces of stock is much easier, as the surface is extended.
- There is the advantage of getting great stability as well when you use the stand. When the saw is mounted, you will be able to control it properly and it will be safe to use.
- The purpose of using miter saws is to make clean and accurate cuts and this is enhanced by the stand that you choose to buy. The fact that the saw is firmly secured means that it will not wobble and as such, the results will be accurate.
- There is also a great benefit of the miter saw stand being able to offer the required support for the workpiece and the other accessories that you may wish to use with the miter saw.
Best Miter Saw Stand on the Market in 2020
There are some models of miter saws that are sold with a stand. However, in most cases, you will have to buy the stand separately. With the market having hundreds of products to choose from, picking the best miter saw stand may be a tall order. However, I have gone out of my way to test a number of stands and I have picked the top 5 models. Through my miter saw stand reviews, you should be able to make a good decision.
BORA Portamate PM 4000 Heavy Duty Folding Miter Saw Stand with Quick Attach Tool Mounting Bars
BORA Portamate PM-4000 is a great stand to have, primarily due to the design that allows it to fold easily. This is one of the saw stands that are said to be practical and is easy to use. The beauty of this model is the fact that it works with contractor size saws. It is made of tubular steel, which is a great indication of its strength and durability. This is a worthwhile investment and you will love having it. When it talks about portability, this stand is lightweight, yet it has the capacity to support up to 500 pounds of weight. All these features combine to make this to be the best miter saw stand.
With the BORA Portamate PM-4000, you will have the advantage of being able to get the work done quickly. The process of setting up this stand is quite simple and this is made possible by the mounting bars that are included. The quick mount tools are designed in such a manner that you will have an easier time when you have to store or transport the stand. There are 2 supports that extend on both the left and right side and are 116 inches apart. The height of 36 inches is also convenient and will make it easier for you to work without straining.
There is also a benefit of being able to maneuver with the BORA Portamate PM-4000, for different projects. There dual wheel upgrade kit can work with this stand to add to the convenience. However, this kit is sold separately. The wheels are 6 inches in diameter and as such, you will have an easy time to move through tough terrains. You cannot go wrong with this stand as it will create a reliable work surface and enhance the precision and accuracy of the cuts that are made.
Folding Miter Saw Stand Core Features
- With the BORA Portamate PM-4000’s ergonomic height of 36 inches, you will be able to work without straining and this gives you an assurance of great accuracy.
- This is a heavy duty stand, which is made of strong tubular steel and has a tough powder coat finish, to enhance strength and durability.
- The span pin folding legs are instrumental in the design of the stand as the folding makes it easy to store and transport it when need be.
- The BORA Portamate PM-4000 is compatible with most contract size saws and will accommodate all miter saws of up to 12 inches.
- There is quick attack saw mounts that will allow you to mount the saw with so much easy and it will be able to support loads of up to 500 pounds.
DEWALT DWX726 Rolling Miter Saw Stand
DEWALT DWX726 is another top-rated saw stand that you will love, whether you need it for professional or DIY tasks. DEWALT is known to make quality products and as such, it does not come as a surprise that this stand is more expensive than similar models, in its class. On one end of the stand, there are normal legs and on the other end, there are wheels. This will give you both stability and mobility. The only challenge is that this stand does not fold horizontally, but it comes with 3 different heights, which are supported by the pneumatic technology, which helps in quick height adjustment.
If you are looking for a sturdy stand that you can use with your miter saw, then this would be a perfect choice. The stand is known to have the capacity to support up to 300 pounds of weight, making it a versatile stand, to work with different saws. You can actually use all types of miter saws with this stand. There is no technicality involved in setting up this model and once you set it once, it should serve you for a great number of years. The weight of 67 pounds is manageable and you will not have any problems handling it.
When you have a job site task, you can bring along this stand as the wide rubber wheels make it easier to navigate on any terrain. All the features of the stand have been set in such a manner that the downtime will be minimized and this enhances productivity. This is a durable model as it is made of tubular steel and comes with mounting rails that are easy to adjust. There is a wide in-feed and out-feed work supports on this stand as this can support material of up to 8 feet. When storing or transporting it, you can take advantage of the vertical folding design.
DEWALT Rolling Miter Saw Stand Core Features
- The DEWALT DWX726 stand is quite strong and durable as it is made of tubular steel, which makes it possible to support 300 pounds of weight.
- The stand weighs 67 pounds and comes with wide rubber grip wheels that will provide easier mobility from one point to another.
- There is a 3 position raising and lowering, which is assisted by the pneumatic mechanism. This gives you the flexibility that you will need to work without strain.
- There are mounting rails that are on the sides and have been made in such a manner that they will be easy to adjust.
- The DEWALT DWX726 rolling stand has an adjustable in-feed and out-feed support for workpieces and supports materials of up to 8 inches.
POWERTEC MT4000 Deluxe Miter Saw Stand with Wheels and 110V Power Outlet
The main reason why the POWERTEC MT4000 Deluxe Miter Saw Stand appears among my top choices of the best miter saw stand, is the fact that it is quite innovative. Besides the ordinary features that you would find on a saw stand, this model offers a 110 volts power supply, with 3 outlets. This means that you will not need a different power source for the power tools that you will be using in your workshop. This has been rated as one of the best options for all the professionals who are looking for a convenient stand, which is portable and stable.
The cutting edge stand does not disappoint when it comes to durability and the strength that it has. It is made of solid steel tubes, which allows the stand to support loads of up to 330 pounds. As such, this is a stand that I would recommend for all your medium size projects. The support arms can be extended in the event that you may require some more space when you are working. With a weight of only 40 pounds, you should be able to move around the stand, without a problem. The stand has an easy to collapse legs that are spring loaded, giving you the convenience required for storage or transportation.
The POWERTEC MT4000 Deluxe Miter Saw Stand has two steel rollers that are adjustable and they will support the workpiece along the length. As such, you can be sure that the cuts that will be made are accurate. The flip down supports are quite useful for your material or lumber. When it comes to the movement, there are 2 rubber wheels that have a diameter of 8 inches. The feet are adjustable and this will be ideal for the stability of the stand, even where the surfaces are unleveled. The stand also comes with universal quick release mounting brackets, to make the setup and mounting of the saw easier.
Powertec miter saw stand Core Features
- The POWERTEC MT4000 Deluxe Miter Saw Stand is an innovative mobile stand that comes with spring-loaded locking legs, which are easy to adjust.
- You can use most of the 10 inches and 12 inch miter saws with this stand and it comes with support arms that will retract to 46 inches and can extend to 79 ¼ inches.
- The universal quick release mounting brackets makes it easier to mount the saw. There are also two 11 ½ inch steel rollers to facilitate smooth cuts.
- The POWERTEC MT4000 Deluxe Miter Saw Stand is made of steel tubes, which gives it a solid construction and ability to support up to 330 pounds.
- The stand is easy to transport as it comes with 8-inch rubber wheels.
Toughbuilt 124″ Miter Saw Stand Universal Tool Mounts
There is a common misconception that the best miter saw stand has to cost you a fortune. However, this is not the case with ToughBuilt, which is a universal stand. This is known to give the best performance and the beauty of it all is that it comes at an affordable price. There is a great innovation in this stand that is compatible with all the major miter saw brands. The stand comes with a quick release leg locks that will be convenient when you have to store away this stand. The solid construction makes this model live up to its name.
With the ToughBuilt 124” stand, you will enjoy great stability and extensive work surface. This is a stand that is 124 inches long and has a height of 33 ½ inches. As such, you will be able to cut long material, without any sag. There are 4 extending work supports and 2 work stops. The advantage that you will get with this model is that it can secure multiple tools like the chop saw and miter saws, effortlessly. The rugged solid rubber wheels have a diameter of 8.5 inches and this will help you navigate on rough terrains, and they will never go flat.
The 2 quick release tool mounts on TB-S550 will help you secure the tools that you want to use, with minimal effort. With this mounting system, you can be able to use the tool off the stand, without a problem. The support pegs that are included on this stand, will allow you to store your materials in a simple, yet safe manner. This is an innovative model that will not disappoint you at all.
Toughbuilt Universal Miter Saw Stand Features
- The ToughBuilt stand is a universal model that will work with any miter saw, irrespective of the brand.
- There are 2 work supports that will extend to a full length of 124 inches.
- The tool mount system is easy to use and will twist to lock easily and provide a stable and level base for making cuts.
- There are 8.5 inches rubber wheels that are ideal for movement, even of rough terrains as they roll easily.
- The stand comes with 2 stops on both the left and right stand to enhance the accuracy of the cuts that are made.
Bosch Portable Gravity Rise Wheeled Miter Saw Stand T4B
Bosch is a common name when it comes to high-quality product and they have done well with the portable gravity rise saw stand. This is by far, the best miter saw stand as it had a gravity rise mechanism, which makes the process of setting it up and breaking it down much easier. This is said to be the perfect combination of strength, durability and functionality. This model weighs 76 pounds, which is a manageable weight and enhances the sturdiness of the stand.
There are oversized wheels that will facilitate movement of the stand. The wheels are designed in such a manner that they can roll over rough terrain easily. The option to flip between moving cutting modes, this stand offers great convenience and enhances safety. The 2 level adjusters are also quite useful as they will come in handy when you have to make cuts on unlevelled surfaces. This means that you can actually make cuts even on a staircase. The process of assembling the stand is less than an hour as it has all the pieces designed to fit in easily.
This is not the lightest stand that you will have, and may need some assistance when moving it. However, it is strong enough to be able to handle up to 300 pounds of load. You will be able to cut stock of up to 18 inches as the Bosch stand will deliver a fine style with the T4B. The patented gravity rise mechanism will make it easier and faster to set up the stand for use. The feet of this model is adjustable and leveling, which is an added advantage.
Bosch miter saw stand Core Features
- The Bosch Gravity-Rise stand has a high capacity as it is able to support materials with a capacity of up to 18 feet.
- It is an adjustable model, with the gravity rise mechanism making it easier to set up and break down the stand, in a short while.
- This is a highly portable model, which comes with very large pneumatic wheels that have a diameter of 8 inches.
- The Bosch TB4 is a universal stand as well and it comes with rapid release tool mounts that for easier mounting of the saws.
- The feet on this stand are adjustable and self-leveling. As such, you will get great stability, even when working on uneven surfaces.
What to Consider When Buying a Miter Saw Stand?
When you make a decision that you want to invest in the best miter saw stand, there are a number of things that you need to look into. There are several aspects of the stands that seem to make them appear to be similar. However, there is always a differentiating factor. Here are some of the factors to consider when shopping for a miter saw stand:
If you are an all-around contractor, you will need to look for a stand that you can move around with, for job site contracts. As such, their portability of the stand is an essential consideration to consider when shopping for a miter saw stand. You will need to look at the weight and the design, which are the key features that determine the mobility of the stand. It would be ideal if you can find a model that does not require the saw to be removed when folding up.
- Capacity and Versatility
The other essential factor that you need to pay attention to, is the capacity of the stand and the versatility of the features. You will want a stand that can be used with a number of different saws, such that you will use all your saws, without changing the stand. Look at a model that will accommodate all the needs that you have. In addition, you need to be sure that the saw has the capacity that you may require for your tasks. This means that it will not only support the weight of the saw but also the weight of workpieces.
- Easy to Use
When analyzing the miter saw stand reviews, it is imperative to ensure that you look at the ease of use of the stand. You do not want to end with a model that takes too much time to assemble and mount the saw. You need to look at one that has features that are designed to make it easier to use it. For instance, a saw stand that comes with wheels is designed to facilitate mobility.
- Strength and Durability
Unlike saw blades, which are cheap and you can afford to buy, every other time, miter stands are rather costly. This means that they are a great investment and as such, you should look for a model that is strong and durable. The best option is to inspect the construction of the stand, so as to establish its strength and longevity. Stands that are made of heavy-duty tubular steel are known to be sturdy and are built to last.
You need to look at the key features that your stand has to offer. Remember that the main reason why you are buying a stand is to make your work easier and as such, you cannot afford to compromise on its functionality. Take some time to understand the features and how efficient they, before making a decision on the model to buy.
10 Safety Tips When Using a Miter Saw Stand
When you have the best miter saw stand, you will use a number of power tools with the stand. As such, there are a number of dangers that can be suffered, if proper precaution is not taken. To avoid such dangers, here are some safety tips to bear in mind when using a saw stand:
- Always wear safety equipment that will be suitable for the particular task that you intend to undertake, like gloves, safety goggles, earplugs and dust mask among others.
- When you are working with the miter saw stand, you should keep the work area clean as this will be a safety measure. When the area is full of cut-offs and debris, this will impair your ability to work with precision.
- You should avoid loose-fitting clothing and hanging accessories. These may end up being caught by the saw that you are using with the stand.
- It is imperative to ensure that the saw is properly secured to the stand before you can start making the cuts.
- Whenever you are cutting a large piece of wood, you should ensure that you have the right outfeed to support the load.
- When you need to make any adjustments on the miter that you are using, be sure to remove it from the power source.
- You should ensure that the stand is leveled when you are using it. You can make adjustments on the legs of the table.
- Maintain a good body balance when you are using a saw on a stand and ensure that you are not standing directly in front of the saw.
- Set the miter saw stand to a comfortable height so as not to strain when making cuts.
- Never make freehand cutting even when you have the best miter saw stand. Use the relevant push devices.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Will the miter saw stay attached to the stand when I store it, after use?
A: Most stands are designed such that they can easily fold up with the miter saw attached. As such, you can store the stand with the saw in place, especially if you use it often.
Q: Can I use the miter saw stand with other types of saws?
A: Yes, the stands can be used with a number of table saws as well as the band saws, besides the miter saw. It is advisable to find a model that supports different saws.
Q: For the miter saw stands that have power outlets, will they have a power switch?
A: Ordinarily, the models that come with the power supply outlets do not have a switch to power on or off. As such, you cannot switch off from those outlets, but the main power switch.
Q: Can the support arms flip up and serve as stops for repeated cuts?
A: Yes, in most cases, the support arms will easily slide to the upper side and be used as a dead stop. However, you will need to check the specific model that you are buying to ascertain that it can serve as such.
Q: When I buy a miter saw stand, will it come assembled?
A: No, for purposes of shipping, the miter saw stands are assembled. However, the process of assembling is quite easy and will just take a few minutes of your time.
When you have to work like a pro with a miter saw, you will need a good stand to support the saw. The market has a number of stands that serve the purpose and through my miter saw stand reviews and this buyer guide, I trust that you should be in a position to buy the right stand.
From the models that I have reviewed above, they all have their unique features and each is great in one way or another. However, I highly recommend the DEWALT DWX726 Rolling Miter Saw Standas the best miter saw stand. This works with various miter saws and will not fail you. If this guide is informative, please share it with others and also leave a comment below.