Making cuts is one of the common tasks that most projects will entail. You may want to make angled cuts or the simple straight cuts, and in such cases, you will need the best cordless jigsaw. This will help you to make the cuts that you need, without a compromise on the quality of the cuts. The jigsaw gives you great control and you will fully take charge of how the tool moves. Jigsaws are used to make decorative cuts as well and this shows that they are versatile tools to have in your toolbox.
When you have a cordless jigsaw, you will make intricate cuts on different materials like wood, ceramic and even metal. The cordless models are flexible and more useful than the corded ones. The market has a wide range of brands and models and making a choice of the best jigsaw can be quite a challenge. To make this easier for you, I have put together this guide that will highlight all the critical bits to help you find a cordless jigsaw that will be useful for your projects.
Table of Contents
- 1 5 Best Cordless Jigsaw On The Market 2021
- 1.1 1. DEWALT DCS331M1 20V Max Lithium Ion Jigsaw Kit
- 1.2 2. Makita XVJ02Z 18-volt Lxt Brushless Jig Saw Bare Tool
- 1.3 3. Bosch Bare-Tool JSH180B 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Jig Saw
- 1.4 4. Hitachi CJ18DGLP4 18V Cordless Lithium-Ion Jig Saw (Tool Only, No Battery)
- 1.5 5. Ryobi One+ P523 18V Lithium Ion Cordless Orbital T Shank 3,000 SPM Jigsaw (Battery Not Included, Power Tool and T Shank Wood Cutting Blade Only)
- 1.6 Things to Be Considered When Buying a Cordless Jigsaw
- 1.7 10 Safety Tips When Using Cordless Jigsaw
- 1.8 Final Recommendation
Why Cordless Jigsaw and Its Benefit?
When you have the best cordless jigsaw, there is so much that you can accomplish. This is a tool that can be used to cut different applications, including metal, porcelain tile, wood, plastics and ceramics among others. There is an advantage of the jigsaw being able to make straight cuts as well as curved cuts. Cordless jigsaws are a worthwhile investment for different professionals as well as DIYers.
When searching for the best jigsaw, you will realize that some people recommend the cordless ones. Here are some of the key benefits that you will derive:
- You can use the cordless jigsaw to make cuts that are curved, effortlessly. They are easy to maneuver and this is what will make you finish the job faster.
- The cordless versions are portable and quite powerful, much as they are not connected to a power source. You will not have to worry about the cable getting in your way when making cuts.
- Jigsaws are easy to use, irrespective of your level of experience. This is what makes them ideal for hobbyists as well.
- You can use jigsaws to make bevel cuts as most of them can be angled up to 45 degrees so as to make bevel cuts.
- Last but not list, they are safe and this makes them be kid-friendly tools to have in your home or workshop.
If you are looking for more information about table saw uses and its benefit go here right away.
5 Best Cordless Jigsaw On The Market 2021
There are so many brands of jigsaws on the market and this may make it difficult for you to choose the ideal one. I have narrowed down to the top 5 and this will help you make a decision on the best cordless jigsaw for the money. Here are my picks:
1. DEWALT DCS331M1 20V Max Lithium Ion Jigsaw Kit
The DEWALT DCS331M1 is a cordless jig saw that used a 20V max lithium Ion battery. This is made by DEWALT, which is a company known for its manufacture of high quality tools. This particular jig saw does not disappoint and will allow you to make cuts at different angles. There is an all metal keyless shoe bevel that comes with detents at 0 degrees, 15 degrees, 30 degrees and 45 degrees. As such, you can be able to make versatile cuts, without a struggle and this is what makes this to rank as the best jigsaw, as it makes it easier to cut bevels.
- All-metal, lever-action, keyless blade change allows for quick and easy blade changes of...
- All-metal, keyless shoe bevel with detents at 0 degree, 15 degree, 30 degree, and 45...
- 4-position orbital action provides control of cut quality and speed for the jigsaw tool
- Adjustable dust blower keeps line of cut clear of chips
- This jigsaw comes with a 4 position orbital action and as such, you can enjoy the versatility of the tool to make different cuts.
- There is a lever- action keyless blade change mechanism that is all metal. This makes the process of changing blades fast and easy.
- The internal dust blower will clear the work piece of any dust and chips and this leaves the cut line clear.
- You will enjoy variable speeds of 0 to 3,000 spm and this gives you the power to make cuts on different applications and materials.
- The all metal keyless shoe bevel has convenient detents at 0 Degree, 15 Degree, 30 Degree and 45 Degree
DEWALT DCS331M1 also comes with a lever action keyless blade change, which is also all metal. As such, you will not need any tools to change the blade and you will be in a position to execute blade changes swiftly. If you are looking for the control to make quality cuts, this jig saw comes with a 4 position orbital action. There is also the variable speed of 0 to 3,000 spm which will give you the ability to make cuts on different materials and applications. As far as enhancing the accuracy of the cut goes, this model comes with an adjustable dust blower that will keep the cut line clear.
This is an amazing tool when it comes to functionality as it will accept the T-shank jig saw blade, which comes as an assurance of professional cuts. A far as the ergonomics go, there saw comes with an anti-slip comfort grip. This is essential for your comfort as well as giving you great control. The DEWALT DCS331M1 jigsaw is ideal for any home or workshop tasks. The battery has a long run time and as such, you can use for extended hours before it drains out. There is an advantage of being able to use it with one hand or both hands.
2. Makita XVJ02Z 18-volt Lxt Brushless Jig Saw Bare Tool
This Makita jigsaw is sold as a bare tool and has become one of the most popular choices for most users. As a protective measure, it comes with a Star Protection computer controls. This is designed to prevent any cases of overloading, overheating or over discharging. You can be sure that you will use this saw for tough applications and it will not go beyond its capacity. This cordless jigsaw is powered by an 18 volt LXT battery and this gives you the convenience. The battery will charge fast and as such, you will spend little time charging the battery and more time working.
- Makita-built brushless motor and 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting deliver faster...
- Variable 6-speed control dial (800-3,500 SPM) enables user to match the speed to the...
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use...
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and...
Makita 18v cordless jigsaw Core Features
- There is a variable 6-speed control dial on this jigsaw and you will be able to match the speed of the saw to the specific application that you are cutting.
- The saw has 3 orbital settings and straight cutting and as such, you can cut different materials faster and accurately.
- There is a built in motor that is supported by the brushless technology and as a result, you will enjoy more run time from the battery.
- The built-in dust blower ensures that the cut line is clear and free of any dust and wood chips, which results in increased accuracy on the cuts made.
- The BL brushless motor is computer controlled and this will eliminate the carbon brushes. As such, the motor runs efficiently and does not overheat.
This model comes with an internal dust blower, which has the sole role of clearing the dust from the cut line. This will give you good visibility and enhance the accuracy of your cuts. The brushless motor on this Makita jigsaw is powerful and the saw also has 3 orbital settings. These are the features that work together to ensure that you have faster and accurate cuts on different applications. The variable speed control dial has 6 different settings from 800 to 3,500 and this is quite useful. You will be able to adjust the speed according to the application that you are working on.
The BL brushless motor is quite efficient as it is controlled digitally such that it will optimize the battery energy properly. As a result, you will notice that the battery is lasting longer after it is has been charged. In addition, as a result of this brushless technology, you can be sure that the motor will run cooler, without overheating and this contributes to the extending the life of the motor. This is the jigsaw will come in handy when you need to make unusual cuts that are accurate and done professionally.
3. Bosch Bare-Tool JSH180B 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Jig Saw
The Bosch JSH180 lithium-ion 18-Volt jig saw is quite unique and is worth considering. The fact that it is lightweight and has a compact design is one of the reasons that people consider it as the best jigsaw. There is a convenient T-shank blade change mechanism and this will allow you to remove and install the blade without the use of any tools. This is a model that is keen on increasing productivity and this is why the blade change mechanism is quite easy. All you need to do is to turn the knob and the blade is ejected.
- COMPACT: The Bosch JSH180B 18V jig saw is lightweight and compact. It is up to 30-percent...
- CONVENIENT: The jig saw’s t-shank blade change system allows for tool-less blade...
- VISIBILITY: With an always-on dust blower and an LED light, the JSH180B jig saw offers...
- PROTECTION: With Electronic Motor Protection and Electronic Cell Protection, both the...
- Bosch JSH180 is considering to be smaller than other models, due to the compact size and it is lighter than other models, making it easier to handle.
- The blade change mechanism allows you to change blades with a single hand and turning the knob ejects the blade, meaning you do not have to touch it.
- There is an adjustable footplate that is part of the Bosch JSH180 jigsaw and this is designed to facilitate bevel cuts of up to 45 degrees.
- This is the model that is known to have the smallest diameter of the grip and this will make it easy to use and reduce any cases of fatigue.
- The dust blower is always on and as such, your cut line will always be visible at all times.
There is a blower that is included on the Bosch JSH180 and it is always on. As such, the dust will be blown off, while you cut. This leaves you with a clear cut line at all times and you can achieve professional cuts as your visibility is never compromised. There LED light is also included in this model and this is designed in such a manner that it will give you good visibility, even in areas that are somewhat dark. With clear lighting and dust blown off, there is no cause for you not to have accurate cuts, irrespective of the angle of the cuts.
The Electronic Motor Protection is integrated as part of the Bosch JSH180 jigsaw. This is quite useful as it will protect the motor against any overloading or overheating. This is a sure way of extending the lifetime of the motor. In addition, the Electronic Cell Protection is designed to protect the battery from deep discharge, overload or overheating. However, it is important to note that the battery and the charger are sold separately as this comes as a bare tool. The 18 volt lithium-ion battery gives the saw adequate power to cut different applications. The saw has 1 inch stroke length and a 45 degree bevel range, which makes it a versatile tool.
4. Hitachi CJ18DGLP4 18V Cordless Lithium-Ion Jig Saw (Tool Only, No Battery)
While the Hitachi CJ18DGLP4 comes as a tool body only, it is one of the best cordless jigsaw tools that you can have. This has been designed in such a manner that you will be able to maneuver it, with great comfort and a firm grip. This gives you a whole lot of convenience and you will be able to accomplish a whole lot of cuts, without too much difficulty. The tool is powered by the Hitachi 18V Lithium batteries, which are sold separately. The motor has a no load speed of 2,400 and this gives it the power to cut through different applications and materials easily.
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- Compatible with all Hitachi 18V Lithium Ion slide type batteries for fade free power, less...
- Tool-less blade changing system allows for quick replacements and reduced downtime
- Soft grip handle for improved comfort and less fatigue
Hitachi 18v cordless jigsaw Features
- Hitachi is a great cordless jig saw that works with any Hitachi 18V Lithium ion slide type batteries. You will enjoy 3 times battery life with this jig saw.
- The 3 orbital action is convenient as it will allow changing the settings to cut different materials and applications.
- There is an LED light on CJ18DGLP4 that will illuminate the cut line and this is meant to enhance the accuracy of the cuts, as you will enjoy great visibility.
- The compact design and light weight coupled with the D shaped handle, which is ergonomically shaped will make it easier to control the tool.
- There is tool less blade changing system and this will let you change and replace blades without any tools, making the process faster.
The CJ18DGLP4 is a model that will impress most users due to the versatile features that it carries. The compact design and the light weight is a great advantage as it weighs only 4 pounds when it does not have the battery. In the effort of making it convenient and easier to control, it also comes with D shaped handle, with an ergonomic design and a soft grip. As such, you will have increased comfort during use and reduced fatigue. The LED light has been included to give you visibility in dark areas as it will illuminate the cut path, for ultimate precision.
The jig saw has 3 orbital settings in addition to the standard straight cut setting. As such, you will be able to enjoy maximum efficiency and get accurate and professional cuts. The on-tool blade holder is another amazing feature on the CJ18DGLP4 as it can hold 6 blades. The blade change system is also tool less and as such, you will be able to change the blade fast and easy. This means that you will have more productivity as there are a few down times. You will have the convenience of the tool being able to accept both the T and U blades.
5. Ryobi One+ P523 18V Lithium Ion Cordless Orbital T Shank 3,000 SPM Jigsaw (Battery Not Included, Power Tool and T Shank Wood Cutting Blade Only)
When you choose to become a professional is a great choice and one the things that can give good success is a jig saw. This is due to the fact that it can be used for different applications to make quality cuts. In addition to this, it can make straight as well as unusual cuts for different applications. Ryobi P523 jigsaw is a cordless model and is known to be one of the toughest models on the market. It comes with an 18V battery that is quite powerful and will give you adequate power when working with this jigsaw. If you are in the business of making heavy duty cuts, this is the jigsaw to pick.
- 4 ORBITAL SETTINGS: The higher the setting, the faster you can cut into wood. These higher...
- BUILT-IN DUST BLOWER: This feature on the tool will help you clear debris away as you...
- LED LIGHTING gives you improved line-of-sight in poorly lit conditions
- BLADE SAVING BASE: As your blade wears out, you can drop the foot. This allows the blade...
- Ryobi P523 jigsaw has 4 orbital settings that will allow you to make different cuts.
- The jigsaw comes with a blade for cutting wood, but accommodates different types of the T-shape blades, giving you more convenience and versatility.
- There is an internal dust blower that will clear the debris away and give you a clear sight of the cut line, enhancing accuracy.
- The trigger lock system will lock the trigger in place and as such, you will focus your energy on controlling the saw and not holding the trigger.
- The LED lighting has been included as a convenient feature to improve your visibility when working in poorly lit environments.
The orbiting motor has the capacity to run up to 3,000 SPM and this will give you the versatility of cutting different materials efficiently. The trigger lock system has been included as a convenient feature and this will give you full control, without having to hold on to the trigger all the time. There are 4 speed settings that are on this model and the graphics are printed, which will show you what each of the speed settings is suitable for. The lower speeds are commonly used for making curved cuts as they give you solid control of the jigsaw.
The Ryobi P523 jigsaw is the best jigsaw in so many ways. It comes with a woodcutting blade, which means that you can use it straight from the box. This model is able to accommodate different types of blades, including the T-shaped one. This is a jigsaw that is designed to give you great convenience in that it works with both NiCad and lithium ion batteries. The intelligent design of this cordless jigsaw will give you great comfort and satisfactory results when you get to work. This is a worthwhile investment for people in different professions as well DIYers.
If you are looking for Best Corded Jigsaw Reviews I highly recommend this article –https://bestsawreviews.com/best-corded-jigsaw-reviews/
Things to Be Considered When Buying a Cordless Jigsaw
Just like any other item, the definition of the best cordless jigsaw lies in what the model has to offer. You cannot just rely on what the manufacturers tell as part of their marketing to make a decision. There are some things that you should consider so that you can ensure that you have a new a great tool. Here are some key factors:
You will need to be keen on the construction material of a jigsaw. In most cases, this will be determined by the type of tasks that you have and the frequency of use. DIYers can pick a model that is made of lightweight steel or even plastic since they do not need to use it daily. However, for professionals, you need to go jigsaws that are made of heavy duty steel or die cast aluminum, where you are assured of longevity and great strength.
The power of the jigsaw is measured in amps and it is important to find a model that has adequate power. You will need to do a careful analysis of the type of tasks that you will be subjecting the jigsaw to and this will determine the power that you will need. Most cordless jigsaws have 3 to 4 amps, and some of the professional models will give you power output of 5 amps.
Design and Ergonomics
The only way that you will be able to achieve the desired cuts is when you can be able to handle the jigsaw properly. As such, you need to look at the design and ergonomics, especially around the handle. You will need a model that feels comfortable in your hands and can allow you to move it with ease. You do not want to have a model that will cause fatigue and strain to your muscles and hands. The best jigsaw should be maneuverable and this is determined by the design.
The other bit that you need to be keen on is the motor and check if the jigsaw offers variable speeds. There are models that have a dial on the handle or the front part and such are easier to regulate the speed. When you have the options of adjusting the speed of the motor, you are able to cut different applications, with the right speed, and as such, you will have accurate cuts.
There is no way that you can go out to shop for a jigsaw without having a budget in mind. This is one the tools where you will get what you pay for. In most cases, when you opt for a model that is way too cheap, chances are that it will not last for a long time. If you want a model that will serve your needs for a long time you should spare a few dollars to get a good model. It is advisable to compare a number of models, within the same price range so as to get the one with the best features.
10 Safety Tips When Using Cordless Jigsaw
Even when you have the best cordless jigsaw, it can still cause accidents. It is important to handle it in the right manner. You need to make use of the saw in a way that it will give you desired results, without comprising your safety. Here are some safety tips that you can follow, when working with this jigsaws.
- Always ensure that you are not working in a wet environment when using the cordless jigsaw. When exposed to water, it can cause electric shock.
- Do not use the saw near flammable material as the sparks that are ignited may end up causing a fire outbreak.
- Check and ensure that blade is sharp before you can start making the cuts. Dull blades are known to cause kickbacks, which can be hazardous.
- Operate the jigsaw with safety clothing and accessories like gloves, safety glasses, dust masks and so on. This is a precaution that should not be overlooked, even if you are a professional.
- Do no use the saw if you are not familiar with the features and the whole system. Scheme through the manual so that you can learn as much as you can.
- Never force the jigsaw to cut on any material. When you push too hard, this may damage the saw and hurt you.
- Keep the blade and other critical parts of the saw clean and lubricated.
- Ensure that the other people who are in the vicinity are alerted that the blade is in use.
- Do not operate the jigsaw when you are under the influence of alcohol and any other intoxicant.
- Always stay focused on the cuts that you are making, and avoid any distractions when you are working.
Go here if you are looking for How to Change a Jigsaw Blade.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many batteries do the case of a cordless jigsaw hold?
A: When you choose a cordless jigsaw, the model you pick will probably hold one battery. However, there are others that hold 2 batteries, depending on their design and the power output.
Q: Will my cordless jigsaw come with an LED light?
A: Most modern jigsaws come with the LED light function that will illuminate the work piece to enhance your visibility and the accuracy of cuts. Confirm with the manufacturer, before buying the saw, whether it comes with LED lighting.
Q: How long will it take to charge my batteries for the jigsaw before using it?
A: In most cases, it takes about an hour to charge the battery to full capacity. There are models that come with a fast charging system, reducing the charge time for a couple of minutes.
Q: Will get blades when I purchase a cordless jigsaw?
A: Most manufacturers offer a woodcutting blade with the jigsaw tool that you purchase. However, there are others that will offer other types of blades, while others will require that you purchase the blades separately.
Q: Which style of blades will cordless jigsaws use?
A: The greatest advantage of having a cordless jigsaw is the fact that they are versatile. Most of them will use the T-shape blade, but there are those that will also use the U-shape blade. When you choose a model, pick one that can give you the diversity of cuts.
Getting the best jigsaw will catapult the quality of the work that you do. This is one of the tools that are designed to make work easier for you, in different professions. Jigsaws can be used to make cuts on different materials and applications. You will have the choice of making straight cuts or curved cuts. There are so many models on the market that are designed to accommodate the needs of different people that may need jigsaws.
I have chosen the best models and reviewed them in this guide. From my list of top 5, I highly recommend the Makita XVJ02Z 18-volt Lxt Brushless Jig Saw Bare Tool as the best cordless jigsaw. This will give you versatile features and is easy to control, due to the lightweight and compact size. If you have found valuable information on this guide, it would be a great idea to share it in your circles, so that you can educate others on the same.