The reciprocating saw is one of the handy tools that will useful for a number of projects. This has won the hearts of professional woodworkers and DIY enthusiasts, alike. Finding the best corded reciprocating saw will give you a whole lot of convenience. For anyone who is looking to get enough power to cut through different types of materials, this would be the tool to go for.
Corded saws are reliable and will have a constant flow of power, which gives you maximum torque, during the cutting process. There are so many different types of corded reciprocating saws and each one of them comes with different features. Finding the perfect brand and ideal model may be a challenge and this is the essence of this guide. I will help you learn about this powerful tool and how to pick the one that suits you.
Table of Contents
- 1 5 Best Corded Reciprocating Saw On The Market
- 1.1 1. DEWALT DWE304 10 Amp Reciprocating Saw
- 1.2 2. Makita JR3070CT AVT Recipro Saw 15 AMP with 6-Piece Recipro Blade Assortment Pack
- 1.3 3. Milwaukee 6538-21 15.0 Amp Super Sawzall Reciprocating Saw
- 1.4 4. Ridgid R3030 Fuego One Handed Reciprocating Saw
- 1.5 5. Bosch RS7 + RAP10PK 1-1/8-Inch 11-Amp Reciprocating Saw and 10-Piece General Purpose Blade Set
- 1.6 Things to Consider When Buying a Reciprocating Saw
- 1.7 10 Safety Tips When Using Corded Reciprocating Saw
- 1.8 Final Recommendation
Why Corded Reciprocating Saw and Its Benefit?
When you need to make accurate cuts with speed, then you would need to use a tool that you can rely on. The best corded reciprocating saw is designed to handle such tasks with ease and efficiency. You will need the recipro saw to make curves on lumber ends as well the thin sheets of materials. The fact that the saw comes with a blade that is thick, wide and long makes it easier to remove the material that is being cut with use.
When you find a corded reciprocating saw, there quite some of the benefits that you are bound to enjoy:
- Safer for one hand operation, especially in overhead tasks, than the saw.
- Allows you to reach into very tight places and make curves and cuts, which would be impossible with other types of saws.
- Ideal for making slots and holes in the middle of walls as well as sheet goods
- Quite efficient in that they can be used to make both vertical and horizontal cuts conveniently.
- There is also the advantage of being lightweight and having a compact design and as such, they are portable.
- You will enjoy orbital action and variable speeds, giving you versatile functionality.
- You can use corded reciprocating saws to make both long and short strokes as they have adequate power.
- The comfort grips are also another advantage and a safety feature as the saw will not slip and this enhances accuracy.
5 Best Corded Reciprocating Saw On The Market
Having a reliable reciprocating saw is essential as it will determine the quality of cuts that you will make. With thousands of models on the market, you may be confused about which one will serve your needs in the best way. I have taken the time to test and review various models and narrowed down to the top 5. The reviews below represent the best corded reciprocating saw for the money.
1. DEWALT DWE304 10 Amp Reciprocating Saw
The DEWALT DWE304 is a 10 amp reciprocating saw and it is ranked among the best on the market. For the DIYers, this is one saw that will help you make accurate cuts. This is considered to be a very powerful saw, as it comes with a 10 amp motor, which runs at 2,800 RPM.
In addition to this, it comes with a blade that has 4 positions and this will give you great versatility. You can be able to turn and twist the blade in such a manner to make cuts in hard-to-reach areas, without any discomfort.
Dewalt 10 amp reciprocating saw Core Features
- DEWALT DWE304 reciprocating saw has a 4 position blade clamp that will increase its functionality and versatility.
- There is a powerful motor that is 10 amp and this will be able to give the saw enough power to handle tough applications.
- The variable speed trigger will allow you to control the speed of the machine instantly and as such, you are assured of high quality cuts.
- The design of the saw is such that you can easily turn and twist it to access any place, without being uncomfortable.
- The fixed shoe and keyless lever action blade will facilitate speedy blade change on this DEWALT DWE304 reciprocating saw.
The advantage of this model is that it is quite light and also has a design that makes it easier to control when making cuts. The position blade clamp will allow you to make flush cutting, which is quite convenient. There are a fixed shoe and a keyless lever action blade clamp, which makes it easier to change blades.
This saw is able to give you 1-1/8 inches stroke length and this will deliver fast cutting. This is a saw that is specially designed for tough applications and the good thing is that you can use it to cut different materials.
There is a variable speed trigger on DEWALT DWE304 recip saw and this will give you the ability to control the speed instantly. This is a worthwhile investment as you can be able to cut through different applications like plastic, fiberglass, plaster and composites among others.
The solid construction of this model also makes it strong and durable. You will love every feature of this reciprocating saw and this is the key reason why it ranks among the best Sawzall saw. You are assured of the quality seeing that it is made by DEWALT, which is a reputable brand.
2. Makita JR3070CT AVT Recipro Saw 15 AMP with 6-Piece Recipro Blade Assortment Pack
There is a wrong mentality that for you to get a high-quality tool, it must cost a fortune. The Makita JR3070T has dispelled this myth as it is a reciprocating saw that has tons of features and yet it is affordable. Most of the features are the ones that you would ordinarily find in high-end models.
The good news is that this saw is made for the toughest cutting jobs as it comes with a 15 amp motor. Whether you are doing demolition or cutting tasks, this would be a useful tool to have in your possession.
- Makita JR3070CT is a powerful reciprocating saw that has a 15 amp motor and a 6 piece recipro blade for assorted cuts.
- There is an anti-vibration technology that works with the counterbalance system to reduce the vibration and increase the accuracy of the cuts made.
- The built-in clutch will stop the gears and the motor in the event that the blade binds, so as to prevent any damage.
- This model comes with metal case, which is convenient for carrying the tool from one place to another and also helps in storage.
- This is the best corded reciprocating saw as it comes with 6T, 10T and 18T as well as progressive teeth blades.
This is a saw that has been made to make the cutting work at least 45% faster. It has AVT technology, which works with the counterbalance mechanism to reduce the vibration. With the reduced vibration, you will be able to make accurate cuts as this is an efficient model.
In the event that the blade binds, there is a blade clutch that will disconnect the gear and motor assembly. This is one of the ways of extending the life of these components. It is also a safety measure to protect the user. This is an ideal reciprocating saw for anyone who is seeking to make quality cuts.
As far as the efficiency of the saw goes, there is a 4-way blade positioning that will allow you to make a close and flat cut, even in areas that may be hard to reach. There is a tool less clamp that is part of the features that you will love on this model.
In addition to this, you will be able to make accurate cuts with speed as it comes with variable speed. There are speed compensation and speed control feature that will aid the functionality of this saw. The depth adjustment is another significant feature, which makes it easier to cut through different materials conveniently.
3. Milwaukee 6538-21 15.0 Amp Super Sawzall Reciprocating Saw
If there models of reciprocating saws that are considered to be superior, then the Milwaukee 6538-21 is one of them. This is referred to as the Super Sawzall saw and it certainly lives up to its name. This is quite a powerful saw as it comes with a 15 amp motor, which will give you adequate power for the toughest applications.
This is also known to be one of the few models that have the highest overload protection unit. As such, this makes it safe to use as it will not be subjected to perform beyond its capacity.
- The Milwaukee 6538-21 reciprocating saw has advanced features, yet is quite easy to use.
- This model is made in the United States, which is an assurance of quality and it is also one of the most durable tools that you can have in your workshop.
- The counter balance system is quite effective in ensuring that there is minimal vibration when you have to make cuts.
- The gear protection clutch is a patented feature on the Milwaukee 6538-21 saw and this will disengage the gear when the blade binds.
- The 15 amp motor is quite powerful and the saw comes with the highest overload protection mechanism, which will prevent motor failure or burn up.
There are quite a number of features that are worth noting in this reciprocating saw. For instance, the counter balance system is designed in such a manner that it will help to reduce the vibration and allow the saw to run without any hitches. This is the same feature that gives you steady control and balance of the tool when you are cutting materials and this ensures total accuracy.
This is one of the most powerful tools that you can have for demolition and cutting tasks. The built-in tech will ensure that you have a steady flow of power, irrespective of the load that you have to cut through.
Milwaukee 6538-21 has a variable speed feature and comes with a speed dial. This makes it easier to adjust the speed of the saw when you are working with this model. There is also a unique clutch that will protect the gears when the blade of the saw gets locked up or bound.
This will preserve the gears and spares the trouble of replacing the components. Well, this model is not the lightest as it weighs 13 pounds, but the weight works to your advantage. It will be sturdy when you are making cuts on different materials.
4. Ridgid R3030 Fuego One Handed Reciprocating Saw
The convenience of having to use any tool without too much difficulty is one thing that most people appreciate. The Ridgid R3030 Fuego is the best corded reciprocating saw, primarily due to the fact that you can operate it using a single hand.
This is quite a powerful saw as it has a 6 amp motor that runs at a speed of 3,500 strokes per minute, which is sufficient to handle tough applications. The THRU COOL technology is an amazing feature that has been incorporated and this will allow air to flow through the center of the motor to cool it down.
- Weighing only 4 pounds, the Ridgid R3030 Fuego reciprocating saw is easy to operate with a single hand, due to its lightweight.
- It comes with the option to change blades without using any tools and this is what makes the process fast and easy.
- Made of high-quality material, the Ridgid R3030 Fuego is durable and strong enough to cut last through different applications.
- The powerful 4 amp motor powers up this tool and it also comes with an LED light to help illuminate the dark places.
- There is a two-finger variable speed trigger that gives you absolute control of the speed changes, to enhance the accuracy of the cuts.
This is a unique model as it comes with all the features of a hand saw and takes half the features of a jigsaw and 50% features of a reciprocating saw. For those tricky cutting jobs that you may not be able to execute with an ordinary reciprocating saw, the Ridgid R3030 Fuego will not fail you.
This is the perfect model for making cuts on the areas that are hard to reach. You will be able to work in tight places, without compromising on the quality of the cuts that will be made. This is known to be the only flexible extension whereby the whole outer surface will not rotate.
The compact size of this model is one of the things that makes it possible to work with it in closed-up spaces. There is a variable speed trigger that you will use two fingers to trigger the speed that you desire. When you are working in dark areas, this saw is self-sufficient as it comes with an LED light to illuminate workspaces.
The Ridgid R3030 Fuego allows for fast and tool-free blade changes and it also has a lighter plug, which makes it easier to identify the live tools. Their ergonomic grip will give you all the comfort that you will need to operate the saw using a single hand.
5. Bosch RS7 + RAP10PK 1-1/8-Inch 11-Amp Reciprocating Saw and 10-Piece General Purpose Blade Set
One thing that I love about the Bosch RS7 + RAP10PK Reciprocating Saw and 10-Piece Blade Set is the fact that it is an all-purpose saw. This is made possible by the fact that comes with a set of 10 pieces of blades.
This is one of the best saws that you will have in the market and can be used for sawing, cutting, and demolition tasks. It comes with an 11 amp motor, which is powerful enough to help the blade cut through different materials with ease. It is also a light model and as such, you will be able to handle it with greater control.
- This saw has an 11 amp motor and is also pretty light, which is a combination that gives the perfect weight to power ratio.
- There dual LED lights that have been incorporated as part of the corded reciprocating saw and this will enhance your visibility and precision.
- The variable speed trigger on this Bosch model is soft and on the ergonomic handle, to give you absolute speed control.
- There is a set of 10 blades that make this tool to quality as a general-purpose reciprocating saw to cut through different features.
- The blade change mechanism is tool-less and as such, it will just take a few seconds to install or change the blade on this saw.
The compact design is another remarkable feature as it will give you the precision that you will need, even when dealing with very tough jobs. You will not have to worry about the quality of this model as it is made by Bosch, which is a leading manufacturer of quality tools in the world.
The solid construction of the saw is what gives you sturdiness and the longevity that makes it a worthwhile investment. The Bosch RS7 + RAP10PK Reciprocating Saw and 10-Piece Blade Set have thick blades that are part of the innovation path to give you precise cutting for metal and wood.
Bosch has been able to optimize the cutting efficiency by incorporating innovative and material tooth technologies as well as essential design features. This is an ideal model for any person who is interested in making accurate cuts on the toughest applications.
As a matter of fact, this is a general purpose reciprocating saw that can be used for a myriad of applications. As a way of enhancing the precision, there is a dual LED lighting mechanism that will illuminate the workpiece at all times. The tool-less blade change system will facilitate speedy blade removal and installation.
Things to Consider When Buying a Reciprocating Saw
You will be happy to be given a wide range of models to choose from when shopping for the best corded reciprocating saw. However, this may confuse you as every manufacturer claims to have the best model. As such, I have put together a number of factors that you should put into consideration when shopping for a reciprocating saw. Here are the main ones:
The power that the saw has will determine the type of cuts that you will be able to achieve. As such, you need to look at the capacity of the motor so as to tell how much power it will have. On average most reciprocating saws will come with 5 to 15 amp motors. You should go for a very powerful motor if you do not have tough tasks. A saw with about 10 amps will be ideal for most people, but if you have other needs to cut metal and other materials that are tough, you can go for higher power.
This is one of the key selling points for reciprocating saws. The variable speed is a crucial feature that will allow you to adjust your saw to the speed that you want. This is mainly done so as to suit the material that is being cut. This is a safety mechanism as well and can prevent kickback since you can start your cuts slowly and keep increasing the speed as you progress.
The essence of having the best reciprocating saw is to ensure that you achieve accurate cuts. However, one of the challenges with the reciprocating models is the vibration, which may affect the quality of the cuts. As such, you will need to go for a model that has a very low level of vibration as this goes a long way in determining the type of cuts that you will make. You should also find a saw with comfortable padding on the grip to reduce the effect of the vibration on your hands.
Ideally, the biggest advantage of the corded reciprocating saw is the fact that you will be able to use for different cuts. To be able to achieve this, you will need to keep changing the blades. As such, you should pick a model that makes the process of changing the blades much easier. The modern model comes with keyless clamp mechanisms, which speed up the process of changing blades.
The other significant factor to consider when buying a corded reciprocating saw is the weight. You will want a saw that has a comfortable weight to handle. Generally, these Sawzall saws are designed to be light and will be easy to handle with a single hand. If you go for a very heavy model, it may wear you down in a short while. On average, you will find that most models of reciprocating saws weighing 8 to 10 pounds.
10 Safety Tips When Using Corded Reciprocating Saw
Having come this far, you must have made a decision on the best reciprocating saw that you intend to buy. When you buy your saw, it is important to use it in the right manner. Here are some safety tips to follow when working with a corded reciprocating saw:
- Ensure that you have purchased the right tool that will serve your needs effectively. Check all the features to ascertain this.
- To make the most of the Sawzall saw, you need to always keep your workspace clean and free of any debris. This is a safety feature that will give you good visibility.
- Wear the right safety gear before commencing the work, using a corded reciprocating saw. You will need gloves, safety goggles, dust mask and slip resistant clothing
- Always maintain proper body balance when operating the saw. Have a firm grip when making the cut and ensure that the blade is sharp enough.
- Electricity safety is also a major concern and you should be keen on. You should not operate in a wet environment and ensure that the cables are out of the cutting path at all times.
- Do not use too much force when working with the best corded reciprocating saw and do not overreach the workpiece.
- In the event that you need to make any adjustments or carry out maintenance, you should turn off the saw and unplug it from the power source.
- Do not use the saw when you are under medication or under the influence of any toxic substance.
- Have both hands on the saw and keep your eyes on the workpiece that you are cutting.
- Do not use the reciprocating saw in areas with flammable materials as the sparks can easily ignite a flame.
If you want to know more details about how to safely use the reciprocating saw read here – https://bestsawreviews.com/how-to-use-a-reciprocating-saw/.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What does orbital motion mean on a reciprocating saw?
A: Orbital motion means that the blade of the saw will lift a little on the return stroke. This is ideal when making cuts on coarse materials.
Q: Should I use the highest speed to make quick cuts?
A: Using the fastest speed is not a good ideal, especially when you are cutting thin materials. It is always advisable to start at slow speeds and keep adjusting the speed accordingly.
Q: What do the variable speed limit and variable speed control?
A: The Variable speed limit is a switch that will limit the maximum speed while the speed control is the trigger that will speed up the blade.
Q: What is the purpose of the adjustable shoe?
A: The adjustable shoe is a safety feature that will give you solid leverage when you are cutting the stock.
Q: What blade should I use with the reciprocating saw?
A: There are different blades that you can use with your corded reciprocating saw. This will depend on the cuts that you want to achieve. It is important to confirm that your saw is compatible with the saw.
There are so many benefits that you can draw from reciprocating saws. The main thing would be to find the Best corded Sawzall saw to meet your needs. The convenience of these saws is that you will be able to make unique cuts in tight places. With the different models that I have reviewed, I recommend the Bosch RS7 + RAP10PK 1-1/8-Inch 11-Amp Reciprocating Saw as the best corded reciprocating saw. This is a general purpose saw, which will make it easier to cut through different materials. If you found this guide to be useful, feel free to share it with your friends and loved ones.