Jigsaws have become quite popular due to their power and versatile nature. These are portable tools and you can be able to cut most materials with a jigsaw, including wood, ceramic tiles and even metal. There is an option of making straight as well as curved cuts, with the jigsaw. When you find the best corded jigsaw, you will have a worthwhile tool, whether you are a hobbyist or a professional. These are tools that come with diverse capabilities and give you the opportunity to customize shapes that you are cutting.
When searching for the right jigsaw, you will need to be sure that you are getting value for money. There are so many different types of corded jigsaws, and while they may all appear to be the same, they vary. This is the main reason I have decided to create a buying guide that will help you buy the best jigsaw to do the job, perfectly. The various models can be confusing, but by the end of this guide, you will be better placed to buy the ideal corded jigsaw.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Corded Jigsaw Reviews in 2018
- 1.1 DEWALT DW331K 6.5 Amp Top Handle Jig-Saw
- 1.2 Bosch 120-Volt 7.0-Amp Variable Speed Top-Handle Jigsaw JS470E
- 1.3 Makita 4329K 3.9 Amp Variable-Speed Top-Handle Jig Saw
- 1.4 Black & Decker BDEJS300C Jig Saw, 4.5-Amp
- 1.5 SKIL 4495-02 6.0 Amp Orbital Action Laser Jigsaw
Why Corded Jigsaw and Its Benefits?
They are many reasons why you should buy the best corded jigsaw. This is a combination of both regular and specialty saws into one. This is a great tool that is designed to give you improved efficiency and accuracy when making straight cuts as well as curved cuts. As long as you can find the right model and have the right blade, you will be able to get a wide range of benefits from corded jigsaws.
Here are some of the key benefits that you will derive from the corded jigsaws:
- Corded jigsaws are easy to use and give you a whole lot of comfort, when being handled, which enhances control.
- These are tools that are designed with great safety in mind and this is why, even kids are able to use jigsaws, without worry or injuries. Children should use the tool with and adult supervising.
- The other benefit is the efficiency as they are ideal for regular as well as specialty sawing.
- Corded jigsaws also have a lot of power and this is what makes them useful for cutting materials like metals with ease, as long as you have the right blade.
- Portability is another advantage as most models are lightweight and have a compact design, making them easy to carry around to your jobsite.
If you are looking for more information about table saw uses and its benefit go here right away.
Best Corded Jigsaw Reviews in 2018
Corded jigsaws are excellent tools to have in your workshop or even home. When you want to purchase one, you will need to be sure that you have made the right choice. There are so many brands and models on the market and this can be an overwhelming experience. Here are best corded jigsaw reviews, which will put some things into perspective and serve as a guide in your search for the ideal jigsaw.
DEWALT DW331K 6.5 Amp Top Handle Jig-Saw
The DW331K Jig Saw Kit is one of a kind and will not disappoint you if you are in search of a tool that delivers great performance. This is one of the most powerful tools in its category as it comes with a 6.5 amp motor, which gives it a whole lot of power. There is also the advantage of the saw having variable speed, from 500 to 3,100 strokes per minute. As such, even when you are dealing with demanding applications, you will be able to get the power needed to execute your cuts. This is a great jigsaw kit to have and serves the needs of both professionals as well as DIYers.
The tool also features a 4 position orbital action, which will give you aggressive and faster cuts across different applications. The fact that it comes with an all-metal keyless shoe bevel is also convenient. The shoe bevel has detents at 0, 15, 30 and 45 degrees. In addition, there is an all metal lever action blade clamp, which has been designed in such a manner that you will be able to make blade changes and adjustments quickly and easily. As far as visibility goes, there is a built-in dust blower that will keep the cut line free of any debris and waste material.
The variable speed control is an amazing feature as it allows the user to set the speed, depending on the material that is being cut. There are a variable speed dial and trigger that will be used in setting the speed. The counterbalance mechanism has also been included so as to reduce the vibration when you are working with the saw. The rubber grip is convenient and comfortable and gives you ultimate control of the saw, thereby increasing the accuracy of the cuts that are made. The saw has a stroke length of 1 inch and this is responsible for the faster and efficient cutting.
- The 6.5 amp motor on DW331K Jig Saw Kit will give you the power that you will need for a heavy duty of different materials.
- There is an internal dust management system that is responsible for keeping the cut line clear at all times, such that you will have great visibility for accurate cuts.
- With a 4 position orbital action, the DW331K Jig Saw Kit gives you greater control over the cut speed as well as the quality.
- There is a counterbalance system that has been included so as to reduce the level of vibration as well as fatigue when working for longer periods.
- This model accepts the T-shank blades which have optimal holding power and this is a sure way of getting accurate results.
Bosch 120-Volt 7.0-Amp Variable Speed Top-Handle Jigsaw JS470E
Bosch JS470E Jig Saw is another model of corded jigsaws that will give you exceptional performance. This is a top handle model and it comes with variable speeds. This is a tool that has so much power and has been built to deliver total accuracy and last for a long time. This is made of a die cast aluminum foot plate and this is mainly responsible for the solid construction. As such, you can be confident that this is a model that will have the capacity to withstand tough conditions and can be used for the toughest cutting jobs, and will give you professional results.
Whether you are a hobbyist or a professional, this Bosch jigsaw will give you the best performance. There is a tool less blade change system, which simplifies the process of changing blades on this saw. You will not need any tools to install or replace the blade and this significantly reduces downtimes and increases productivity. The 7.0 amp motor is quite powerful and has no load speeds of 500 to 3,100 SPM. The maximum bevel cut that this tool offers is 45 degrees, which makes it the perfect tool when you need to make curved cuts, at different angles.
The Bosch JS470E Jig Saw is one of the most versatile tools that you will come across. There is an ambidextrous lock as well as a variable speed dial, as part of the unique features that you will enjoy. The dust blower is adjustable and is quite effective in managing the dust on the cut line to ensure that you have clear vision at all times. It also comes with an ergonomic handle with a comfortable grip. The non-marring overshoe has also been included as part of the features that will enhance the functionality of the saw. With this model, you will get a bevel wrench, anti-splitter insert as well as a carrying case.
- Bosch’s JS470E Jig Saw offers great convenience as this model has a tool-less blade change system that supports blade ejection as well as fast insertion.
- The internal precision machined plunging mechanism and the low vibration designs are the key features that will ensure that you have total accuracy.
- There is a variable speed dial on Bosch JS470E Jig Saw and a speed trigger, which allows you to set the saw at the desired speed.
- This is a sturdy and durable model as it is made of a die cast footplate and a steel insert.
- The 4 orbital action settings will offer different blade strokes that give you the possibility of working on the toughest cuts, with ease.
Makita 4329K 3.9 Amp Variable-Speed Top-Handle Jig Saw
When shopping for the best jigsaw, you need to find one that gives you the very best of all features. Makita 4329K is definitely one such tool as it combines the compact design, power and ease of use into one. As such, you can easily be able to use this top handle saw to cut different applications. This is a saw that delivers capacity, power and performance, without a compromise. The 3.9 motor is powerful enough for most tasks and even the toughest cutting jobs will be easy to handle with this model. This is a jigsaw that can be used for cutting metal, masonry, plastic and wood among others.
You will love the variable speed control dial, which offers speeds from 500 to 3,100 SPM. With such speed, you can be sure of getting optimal cuts on different types of materials. The base bevel is made of die cast aluminum and has the capacity to cut up to 45 degrees, on either side. It comes with a positive stop at 90 degrees, to enhance the cutting performance. There are 3 orbital settings as well as straight cutting. The handle has an ergonomic design and a rubberized grip. This will give you comfort and control of the cuts that you are making.
Makita 4329K comes with a counterweight balancing system that is made to ensure that there are minimal vibration and enhanced comfort. There is also an effective dust control system which is made of a vacuum and a clear dust cover. This will improve your visibility on the cut line to give you accurate cuts. The large trigger switch is made in such a way that it will be easy to use this saw. This is the best corded jigsaw in that is has a compact design and weighs only 4.2 pounds. You will have an easy time controlling the saw, to make straight as well as specialty cuts.
- The Makita 4329K comes with a large switch to makes the operation much easier and there is also a lock on-button which comes in handy in extended operations.
- There are 3 orbital settings and a straight cutting on this jigsaw and this is made possible by the 3.9 amp motor, making it possible to cut different materials.
- The bevel base is made of die cast aluminum, making is durable and sturdy. It can be adjusted to 45 degrees left or right has a positive stop at 90 degrees.
- The grip is rubberized and ergonomically designed, which increases your control and comfort, assuring you of precision cuts.
- Makita 4329K comes with a counterweight balance system that reduces vibration and user fatigue.
Black & Decker BDEJS300C Jig Saw, 4.5-Amp
BLACK & DECKER BDEJS300C is another corded jigsaw that has great power and performance. With a 4.5 amp motor, you will have enough power to complete the tough tasks as you can cut through different applications and materials. The motor has variable speeds of up to 3,000 strokes per minute and as such, you can be able to make cuts on different materials, fast. Some of the materials that you can cut with this jigsaw include metal, plastic, ceramic and wood. All you have to do is ensure that you have the right blade to execute the cuts. The stroke length of ¾ inches is quite adequate.
The wire guard sightline channel on the BLACK & DECKER BDEJS300C is another feature that is designed to improve the accuracy of the cuts. This gives you the clear vision of the cut line and this results in precise cuts. The lightweight body and compact handle design will reduce the vibration and make it easier to control the tool. The base plate will tilt and allow the users to make bevel cuts of up to 45 degrees. The quick clamp system is also another feature that will impress you as it will facilitate tool-free blade changes.
The BLACK & DECKER BDEJS300C will give you amazing functionality as it comes with an adjustable shoe that will maintain great stability while the cutting is ongoing. In addition, there is a dust blower that is quite effective in dust management. This will make the cut line visible and all the dust will keep away from the work surface. This is the best corded jigsaw due to the diverse cuts that it can make. It will accept bot the T shank and U Shank blades, allowing you to make different cuts. If you are in search of a model that will give you exceptional performance and is easy to maintain, then, this is it.
- The BLACK & DECKER BDEJS300C comes with a 4.5 amp motor that provides adequate power to be able to cut through tough applications easily.
- The base blade plate will tilt and allow you to make bevel cuts of up to 45 degrees, which is ideal when making specialty cuts.
- The compact handle and the light weight of the saw will make it easier to handle it and maneuver the tool. This is the main reason why the saw records low vibration.
- The BLACK & DECKER BDEJS300C comes with variable speeds that go up to 3,000 SPM, which is ideal for different applications.
- There is a new wire guard sightline feature, which will give you visibility of the cut line, ensuring that the cuts are accurate.
SKIL 4495-02 6.0 Amp Orbital Action Laser Jigsaw
SKIL 4495-02 is a great jigsaw that stands out from most models in its class. If you are professional and are interested in precision and power, then this would be the ideal model to pick. This is a saw that comes with a 6 amp motor that has enough power to be able to handle the tough task, without compromising the accuracy of the cuts. With a 4 position orbital cut control, you will be able to define the cut that you wish to make from the onset.
The cuts lines will be accurate as the SKIL 4495-02 comes with an internal laser guide. The stable foot is also essential in achieving the control that will help you making quality cuts. It comes with a rounded design, which is quite appealing for most people. The design is matched with a unique handle that has a trigger at the front, within easy reach. This gives you the convenience that you will need to make different types of cuts. This is a model that is comfortable in your hands.
When you look at the SKIL 4495-02 it feels like it is all plastic, however, this has a solid construction and you can be sure that it will last for a very long time. The blades use elliptical motion, which is suitable for the tough applications that you may wish to cut through. You will have the option to adjust the speeds to get the right speed for the specific task that you are handling. Ultimately, this is a tool that will give you great power and control for different cuts.
SKIL 6.0 Amp Jigsaw Core Features
- The SKIL 4495-02 comes with a very powerful motor of 6.0 amps, which will be effective in providing adequate power for different cuts.
- There is a built in laser guide that ensures that your cuts are straight and on point.
- With a 4 position orbital cut settings, you can define if you want smooth or fast cuts. The variable speeds will also help you as you will set the speed that is ideal for the task at hand.
- The rounded design of the tool is comfortable to handle and it is also designed in such a manner that it will not mar the material.
- The tool less blade change mechanism makes it easier and faster to change blades. This model accepts both the U shank and T shank blades.
If you are looking for Best Corded Jigsaw Reviews I highly recommend this article – https://bestsawreviews.com/best-cordless-jigsaw-reviews/
Things to Consider When Buying a Corded Jigsaw
It is true that there are tons of different models of jigsaws on the market. When searching for the best corded jigsaw, there are a number of things that you should keen attention to. Mainly, this will revolve around the features as you are able to determine what the saw has to offer, by scrutinizing the features. Here are some of the things that you should consider when shopping for the tool:
When you make a decision to buy a jigsaw, you will want a tool that has enough power to make it possible to cut on the applications that you need to. You can tell the power of the saw by looking at the motor and the strokes per minute that it can offer. Depending on the projects that you have, you may not necessarily need very powerful saws. For the corded jigsaws, you will look at the amps of the motor, which will indicate the amount of power that it has.
Some projects have strict timelines and you cannot afford to waste a lot of time. If you are professional, one of the things that you need to be keen on is the blade change mechanisms. You should go for a model that has a tool-less system as this will speed up the blade replacement process. You will be forced to change the blades depending on the type of cuts that you intend to make as well as the applications that are being cut.
Length of the Stroke
This is another important bit to consider when it comes to the choice of the best jigsaw. Stroke length refers to the distance that the blade will cover when it runs up and down. Most saws will have a stroke length of ½ inch to 1 inch. If you are looking for smoother cuts, you should go for a shorter stroke length, but this will be slower. Longer stroke lengths are ideal when you want to make fast cuts as you will remove a lot of material at a go.
If you choose to buy a jigsaw with fixed speed, you will spend very little money. However, this will limit the functionality. You will find a number of models that have fixed speeds and this is not entirely bad, especially for the hobbyist. However, for professionals, you should be ready to pay a little extra so that you can get a model with variable speeds. With the option to control the speed, you can use your saw for various applications and be able to achieve the desired results.
You will definitely love a tool that is portable and gives you adequate power. As such, you will need to look at the weight of the saw so that you can find one that is easy to use for longer periods, without fatigue. For the tough applications, jigsaws that weigh about 5 pounds are recommended as they are sturdier and will give you the power that you will need to cut through the various materials. It is best to look for a model that you can maneuver easily when working with it, and not end up straining muscles.
10 Safety Tips When Using a Corded Jigsaw
As long as you can land on the best corded jigsaw, your work will become easier. However, it is always advisable to remember that this is a powerful tool and if not used in the right way can cause serious injuries. Here are 10 safety tips for you to observe when using your jigsaw:
- Learn all about the tool from the owner’s manual, before you can attempt using it. This is the best way to familiarize yourself with the features and components.
- Wear the right protective clothing when you intend to use the jigsaw. Some of the common things to have include face mask, ear plugs, safety glasses and safety gloves.
- Ensure that is a proper dust management system so that you do not have to deal with too much debris, as this affects your visibility.
- Before starting to make any cuts, you should test all features to ensure that they are working as required, to avoid unpleasant surprises.
- Choose the right blade for the specific task that you wish to handle the jigsaw. There are woodworking blades and other specialty blades that you can use.
- The blade should be sharp and not dull when making the cuts, as this is the only way to prevent kickbacks.
- Always keep the blade and the relevant components well lubricated, as part of the maintenance process.
- Do not force the blade on the stubborn material as this could cause serious injuries and even damage to your saw.
- When using the best jigsaw do not take alcoholic drinks, as this will compromise your soberness. As a matter of fact, never operate the saw under the influence of any substance.
- Do not use the corded jigsaw in wet environments as this can be a cause of electric shock.
Go here if you are looking for How to Change a Jigsaw Blade.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What materials can I be able to cut using a corded jigsaw?
A: The materials that you can cut with the tool are so many including laminate, wood, metal, stone and so many others. However, you will need to have the right blade to accomplish these cuts.
Q: Are corded jigsaw powerful enough to make cuts on tough materials?
A: Yes, you can get adequate power to make cuts on tough applications. You will a motor that is at least 5 amps, but most importantly, ensure that you have the right blade for the task.
Q: Should sharpen the jigsaw blade every time?
A: The truth of the matter is that you can actually sharpen the blade since you will want to have a sharp blade all the time. It is worth mentioning that the blades are quite cheap and as such, it may be easier to buy a new one instead of sharpening.
Q: What is the ideal extension cord to use with my jigsaw?
A: Extension cords are different and will be rated for different amperages. The best thing to do is ensure that the extension you have can support the needs of your saw and you will be good to go.
Q: What is the orbital action and is it important?
A: Orbital action allows you to set the jigsaw in a way that it can handle different cuts. As such, you will have the choice of getting smooth cuts, or fast cuts, depending on your specific needs.
Corded jigsaws have been on the market for a long time and that is what most people consider as the best jigsaw. There are many models that are introduced, every other time and this makes the market diverse. While this is a great advantage, it can also be quite challenging when you have to pick one model that will serve your needs effectively. Jigsaws are powerful tools and are known to be versatile in nature.
You will need to pick a model that will not frustrate you. I have reviewed some of the Best Corded Jigsaw top models on the market and from my list, I recommend the SKIL 4495-02 6.0 Amp Orbital Action Laser Jigsaw. This is effective and has a laser guide to enhance effectiveness. Please keep checking this site for more updates on the best tools to buy and share this guide with your loved ones.