Besides those who pursue their careers as professional woodworkers, even most wood hobbyists these days use a wide range of power tools. Compared to manual tools, highly functional power tools are more handy and beneficial for both pro and amateur woodworkers. Using one of the best 14 inch band saws can help everyone involved in woodworking activities cut through wood precisely. Currently, a band saw is one of the instrumental tools at a woodworker’s disposal.
If you have lately become interested in woodworking, know that for cutting through the wood in a curve or straight line or uneven shape, you need a 14-inch band saw. It is a highly flexible power saw because it can cut metal besides wood with great precision. Experts choose premium-grade band saws over other varieties of saws for accurately conducting more delicate work using wood or other substances.
The best 14in bandsaw offers top-notch control to a user during the cutting procedure because of the fairly long and thin looped and ultra-sharp blade. Purchasing a feature-rich, user-friendly and powerful band saw can help you create a myriad of stunningly designed things out of wood or metal. Give this review article a thorough read to become cognizant of the most sought-after and highest-selling 14-inch band saws currently available on the market.
In the below-mentioned list that we have compiled after conducting extensive research for hours, you will find valuable information pertinent to the seven best-rated band saws of 2021. Also, light has been shed on some essential factors to help you select and buy the most suitable band saw from an online marketplace. It is paramount to take these key things into consideration when buying the best band saw. Without further ado, let’s check out 2021’s best 14 inch band saws.
7 Best 14 Inch Band Saws 2021
1. WEN 3966T 14-Inch Two Speed Band Saw
If you are in search of a power saw that can function as your ultimate companion when you carry out woodworking activities, invest in a 3966T 14-Inch band saw from WEN.
It is durable and powerful enough to cut through a wooden board, the depth of which is 8.85 inches and breadth is 8 inches. It gains the edge over many band saws from different brands because of its capability of operating at two different speeds.
- Users can effortlessly swivel the band saw’s spacious work table up to 45 degrees
- It comes with a work light that is flexible and illuminates the work table
- It consists of a 3-in-1 dust port that easily fits various dust extractor hoses
- It has a 9.5-ampere motor and operates at speeds of either 1420 FPM or 3280 FPM
- The blade can operate seamlessly and last longer because of ball bearings
- The easy-to-assemble stand is instrumental in elevating the band saw
- WEN offers a two-year warranty and excellent customer support service
Aside from being a heavy-duty benchtop band saw, more avid hobbyists and professional woodworkers alike choose it over others because of the 9.5 amp motor, which is reliable and makes the cutting process simpler. It comes with a sturdy stand and a flexible work light, which helps in performing delicate works. Besides improving users’ safety, the manufacturer has designed an easily adjustable blade guard to enable users to perform intricate and accurate cuts every time.
In order to exhibit a blade tension gauge, this affordable band saw’s upper housing consists of a tiny window. Correctly figuring out the exact tension is easier due to the presence of this gauge. It comes with a miter gauge for making accurate angled cuts and a fence for straight cuts.
2. JET JWBS – 14-Inch Deluxe Pro Band Saw
How about owning the best 14 inch bandsaw for resawing at a reasonable price? Add it to your arsenal of power saws for effortlessly carrying out woodworking activities. One such band saw can help you cut larger and thicker wood pieces with utmost exactness efficiently.
Aside from being incredibly functional, it is one of the most rigid and long-lasting band saws available at present.
- Both the upper and lower part of this band saw includes a cast iron frame that helps it deliver top-notch performance
- The blade functions at a speed of 1500/3000SFPM and helps improve the cutting capacity of this power saw
- Built-in retractable guard efficiently moves up and down
- Quick-release blade offers great flexibility and helps users make adjustments faster and effortlessly
- It comes with a durable table and an enclosed stand with a useful storage cabinet
- The productive poly-v belt drive system ensures highly accurate results
The top-quality benchtop consists of an enclosed stand that contains an easy access door and storage unit. It has an ultra-quick release blade tension. The upper and lower ball bearings play an instrumental role in reducing friction and increasing the longevity of the blade.
It comes with a wide range of features that protect a user from getting hurt during the cutting process. Also, cutting through wood, metal or lumber in straight lines, curves, and uneven shapes is possible because of this band saw’s precision measures.
3. Delta 28-400 14 Inch Band Saw
Won’t you like to invest in a band saw consists of an ultra-durable steel frame design? Woodworkers who use the feature-rich band saw from Delta know that the heavy-duty frame is instrumental in reducing flexing.
It features a sturdy table, which is made out of aluminum and boasts a remarkable finish. Compared to the table that other bands saws have, this one is more long-lasting.
- It is known for ensuring smooth precision during the cutting process
- Both the upper and lower rubber-coated nine-spoke wheels are made out of highly robust aluminum
- It has 1 HP single-phase TEFC motor with two speeds
- Besides a high cutting capacity, it can easily accommodate up to a ¾ inches blade
- Highly durable steel frame construction
- It comes with a dust brush that always keeps blades clean
- Poly V-belt ensures seamless cutting operation
A prime reason, which compelled our editors to include it in this list, is that it has a two-speed pulley that’s known for having an easy tensioning system. The superior blade tracking of this band saw is mainly because of the accurately balanced nine-spoke wheels.
It is one of the current best-selling band saws because it has five high-precision ball bearings in the upper and lower blade, which consistently tracks for exact cutting performance. The two-speed drive system of the best 14 inch bandsaw for the money features tool-less belt tensioning.
4. Grizzly G0555LX Deluxe 14 Inch Bandsaw
You can cut through wood and metal in irregular shapes besides curves and straight lines with utmost accuracy if you use the best band saw for the money. The heavy-duty cast iron frame and all ball-bearing construction make this 14-inch bandsaw stand out. Also, it comes with a cast iron made high-precision ground table.
- Complete ball bearing construction
- Hard-wearing cast iron frame construction
- It has an incredibly high cutting power
- Ground table made from cast iron ensures top-notch accuracy
- Cast iron spoke wheels that have rubber-coated tires are balanced using a computer
- CSA licensed meeting CSA C22
Professional woodworkers rely more on this specific power band saw because the manufacturer makes optimum use of modern technology and computer to balance wheels with rubber tires. It is CSA approved meeting CSA C22.
5. Shop Fox W1706 14” Bandsaw
Invest in the 14-inch bandsaw from the brand Shop Fox if you want to execute woodworking activities just the way you want. This band saw with a powerful 1 HP single-phase motor will be worth every penny. It is instrumental in making the cutting procedure simpler and helps users power through wood or other materials in a precise manner to create a wide variety of items.
- Durable cast iron frame construction
- Consists of cast iron blade wheels and a spacious precision-ground table
- It has a high-class extruded aluminum fence and rails besides ball bearing blade guides
- The band saw has an integrated full-storage cabinet and 4-inch dust port connected to a dust-gathering unit
- The fence scale has an easy-to-magnify window
- It comes with quick-release blade tension and hinged spoke wheel covers
You can use the best 14in bandsaw for years without any issue, as its frame, table and wheels are made of heavy-duty cast iron. This band saw has a deluxe miter gauge, which helps woodworkers attain exact angles and appropriate cross-cuts. Those who use this W1706 power band saw, get an extensive range of cutting options because the cast iron table it features can tilt 45 degrees to the right and 10 degrees to the left.
6. JET 708115K JWBS 14-Inch Bandsaw
You should purchase the best 14 inch bandsaw for resawing. JWBS bandsaw from JET has a depth resaw capacity of 6 inches. The durable cast iron table that this bandsaw comes with is spacious and offers more working space to woodworkers on the blade’s front side.
- It comes with a graphite-impregnated cooler polymer blade
- Blades guides help reduce heat and friction and improve the blade’s longevity
- It consists of a sturdy table (15” X15”) made of cast iron
- The depth resaw potential of the bandsaw is 6”
- It has a user-friendly design and a super-powerful 1 HP motor
- It boasts long-lasting metal housing and a quick-connect electrical plug
The powerful bandsaw consists of a heavy-duty cast iron frame besides a table. Investing in this one will help you reap some great advantages. It helps bring down cutting vibration aside from significantly improving safety and stability. Those who use it do not take much time to adjust as the micro-usable lower blade guide minimizes set-up time.
7. General International 14 – Inches Bandsaw
Don’t you want to purchase a power band saw that offers excellent accuracy and precision while you slice through thicker wood, metal or lumber? Then, get your hands on the General 14 inches bandsaw with a 1 Horsepower TEFC motor. Users get more stability during the cutting process because of the high-precision upper and lower ball-bearing blade guides.
- It comes with deluxe blade guide bearings
- It consists of a cabinet for storage
- Offers multiple cutting speeds 1575 SFM and 3280 SFM
- 1 Horsepower Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled motor
- Welded heavy-duty frame reduces vibration
- Upper and lower ball bearing blade guides
- It has a durable table capable of tilting any angle up to 45 degrees
It will be worth every penny as it offers two cutting speeds. You can efficiently and effectively cut and create amazing designs on wood and metal. The bandsaw consists of a table that tilts seamlessly up to 45 degrees right or any angle. You should know that the one-piece attached frame design reduces vibration while cutting a material using this band saw.
Things to Look for When Purchasing the Best 14in Bandsaw
Deciding in haste is not prudent, and you must not do that while making a purchase of a power band saw. It is paramount to consider certain key factors before you get your hands on the best one capable of making the cutting process a lot easier and simpler.
You should invest in a versatile band saw, which can help you cut through various materials such as wood, lumber and metal effortlessly. The one you buy will be worth every penny if it always enables you to achieve the exact shapes you want to create. Here are some essential factors you need to look for when buying the best band saw.
A band saw’s cutting capacity is largely dependent on its cutting depth and throat capacity. The first determiner is a measurement of the actual distance from the table of a band saw to the upper blade guides. You should know that this particular distance is a specific material’s maximum thickness that a power band saw is capable of handling. The usual range of cutting depth of one such saw is between 6 and 12 inches.
The second determiner measures the distance between the saw blade and the frame’s vertical column. The maximum width of a certain material (wood, metal or lumber) that a band saw can handle is determined by this distance. Most benchtop band saw’s throat capacity is usually more than 16 inches.
Blades are a larger loop connected along with teeth at one end. You should know that the total count of teeth per inch (TPI) determines a blade’s cut quality. The higher is the TPI, the better is the quality cut of a band saw’s blade. Do not invest in a power band saw with a blade with fewer TPI. These blades more or less result in a quicker cut but leave an uneven finish.
Compared to a benchtop bandsaw, freestanding ones consist of a more powerful motor. It is wise to buy a heavy-duty band saw with at least a 2-horsepower motor. Aside from most benchtop models, even all portable bandsaws’ motors are typically anywhere between 0.5 and 1 HP. Hence, it is of paramount importance to take this factor into account while purchasing a band saw that can help you meet your cutting requirements.
The two most common types of bandsaws available on the market are the stand on the floor type and sit atop a table or bench type. The freestanding ones are relatively large and come with a storage unit and enclosed stand. These might occupy a fair amount of floor space in your workshop but are capable enough to power through harder, larger and thicker wood, metal or lumber.
Investing in a benchtop model will help you save space as it comes with an attached stand. The best 14 inch bandsaw for resawing is remarkably powerful. It can help you manufacture different types of precisely designed items out of a particular cutting material effectively.
FAQs About the Best 14 Inch Band Saws
Q: What are the Key Purposes of Using a Band Saw?
Individuals, who use power band saws, need such tools for cutting different materials, including wood, lumber and metal. These saws help them carve eye-catching designs in a particular cutting material with utmost precision. One can easily process small pieces of logs, create bent laminations and veneer, reset the face or edge of the board and many more using one of the best 14 inch band saws.
Q: How to Easily Sharpen the Blade of a Bandsaw?
One requires to file to sharpen the blade of a bandsaw easily and effectively. All you need to do is, in a parallel manner, hold the file to the cutting edge of a bandsaw, and carry out a few passes carefully to place a sharp edge on each tooth’s front. One needs to have enough patience while sharpening the blades.
Q: What Does Bevel Cuts Mean?
Bevel cuts are also referred to as angled cuts that are capable of making a perfect cutting from particular angles. When beveled, the depth of a few of these cuts is up to 6 inches. You can hit the 45-degree mark depending on a particular side.
Q: What is FPM in Bandsaw?
FPM stands for feet per minute. It is a measurement, which is taken into account when determining the distance the blade of a band saw can cover per minute. Get hold of a power bandsaw that has a higher foot. One such tool will help you cut through a particular material quickly and effortlessly.
In the concluding part of this article, all we can assure you is that each of the best 14 inch band saws mentioned in the list can come to your significant rescue. However, we recommend you invest in WEN 3966T. It consists of an ultra-powerful motor, which operates at two speeds and has some great features. You won’t get a better 14-inch band saw at a budget-friendly price than this, which can help you slice through different materials efficiently with the utmost precision and accuracy.